Connection with SAP and customized RFC functions isn't working

One Star

Connection with SAP and customized RFC functions isn't working

Hey all,
I have a problem with my TOS 5.0.2 when I'm using the tPLSAPSimpleInput connector.
I'm working on a Windows Server 2008R2 64 Bit and the 64Bit TOS version.
The aim is to extract some data from SAP and load them into a MSSQL2008R2 database.
I tried the connection with a SAP standard table and it worked fine for the RFC_READ_TABLE connector.
Now I'm having a customized table which is bigger than the RFC_READ_TABLE where only 512 charakters are possible. I changed the settings to the Z_PLSAP_RFC and I got the follow exception.
The problem in this case is that the connection to SAP is successful but the extracting of the larger table creating an exception. Do you know a solution?
In the first picture is the SAP Output Directory and the PLSAP Input Directory?! What is this about?
I would really appreciate if you can find a solution for this issue.
Thanks!!!
Highlighted
One Star

Re: Connection with SAP and customized RFC functions isn't working

Hi
Since you have selected 'Use an existing connection', the drop-down list of 'Connection configuration' should not be empty.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hello Pedro,
thx for your answer. You're right but that didn't solve my issue. I changed the connection configuration but now I got a new error.
Exception in component tPLSAPSimpleInput_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Z_PLSAP_RFC not found in SAP.
I don't know exactly why this error is occuring. I searched in Google as well but there are no entries.
If you have a solution, please let me know.
Thank you very much.
Regards
Manu
One Star

Hi
The tPLSAPSimpleInput component is a custom component from Exchange which is not supported by Talend Officially.
I read the code and paste it here.
com.sap.conn.jco.JCoFunction function_tPLSAPSimpleInput_1 = dest_tPLSAPSimpleInput_1
.getRepository().getFunction("Z_PLSAP_RFC");
if (function_tPLSAPSimpleInput_1 == null)
throw new RuntimeException(
"Z_PLSAP_RFC not found in SAP.");

I think this snippet of Java code shows clearly.
If the return of getFunction() is null, you will get 'Z_PLSAP_RFC not found in SAP' error.
So please check SAP configuration and find this function.
Or contact with the author of this custom component. It might be a bug.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi Pedro,
thanks for your reply.
I switched the connector from the additional PLSAP_Connector to the standard tSAPInput but with that component I cannot extract the data from SAP to my MS SQL2008R2 database as well. I tried to extract the SAP data but I will receive only a long string called "WA". I would like to have the values separately in the database like MANDT, PERNR, PERID and so on.
Initialize input parameters are:
ParameterValue: "ZMTU00_HCM_IDM_2"
Typ: input_single
TableName(StructureName): Empty
ParameterName: "QUERY_TABLE"
Output:
Schema: SAPIDMUser_Output
Type(for iterate): Output_single
TableName(StructureName): "DATA"
Mapping: "MANDT","PERNR" ......
I got the following error messages:
Exception in component tSAPInput_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
at testumgebung_bicube.testsap_0_1.TestSAP.tSAPInput_1Process(TestSAP.java:1100)
at testumgebung_bicube.testsap_0_1.TestSAP.tSAPConnection_1Process(TestSAP.java:334)
at testumgebung_bicube.testsap_0_1.TestSAP.runJobInTOS(TestSAP.java:1971)
at testumgebung_bicube.testsap_0_1.TestSAP.main(TestSAP.java:1839)
If I'm searching in the code line 1100 I can see that the problem caused by the output mapping.
SAPIDMUser_Output.MANDT = ParserUtils
.parseTo_String(exportParameterList_tSAPInput_1
.getString("MANDT"));
I hope someone can help me, maybe it's only a small mistake on my settings.
Thank you!
Five Stars

Hello,
the Z_PLSAP functions comes with the enterprise version of this extension, if you're interested check out the offical webpage for it: www.plsapconnector.com
The enterprise version comes with an ABAP script which allows you to extract data into text files, which are handled by the talend connector.
Here's the flow
Talend -> RFC to the ABAP -> extract data into TXT -> transfer TXT to talend (SMB/FTP) -> read txt -> results to component_output
The component http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/?eid=463&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
supports the "RFC_READ_TABLE" which is available in all SAP system by default, however SAP doesn't supports it, obviously they want you to use Business Objects Data Services or Business Warehouse.
If you're on a hosted SAP you probably don't want to invest too much money in it. Thats why we came up with plsap.
So if you want to do PoC or query a subset of the data (512char per line total, and speed limitations) then choose RFC_READ_TABLE from the dropdown list.
Cheers,
Balazs

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.