Connection to a HFSQL Database

One Star

Connection to a HFSQL Database

Hello,
I'm trying to create a connection to a hfsql database with a JDBC-ODBC bridge. 
I tried with :
DB Type : General JDBC
URL: jdbc : odbc : GPXMART (GPXMART is the name of the ODBC source, the ODBC Driver is HFSQL 64 bit )
Pilote jar : rt (from jre 7 64 bit)
Class name : sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
When I theck the connection i get this error message :
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1041)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:314)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2674)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.initialize(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
      ... 9 more
I need some help about this . Thank you in advance .

Re: Connection to a HFSQL Database

Hi,
Can you connect to your HFSQL DB successfully through client without using Talend Tool?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Yes i can with with excel via microsoft query.
Thank you for your answer. 

Hi,
Have you already tried to use component tDBInput direactly and set the parameters( ODBC for your HyperFileSQL) to see if it works?
What's the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I am using Talend open studio for big data 6.1. I don't have the component tDBInput but tDB2Input. With this component i can't set the parameters for an ODBC connection . Or maybe you can help me with that, i'm a novice on talend.
Best regards.
Jean
One Star

Hi,
I've got the same problem. Did you find a solution ? Or a different way ?
Thank you.
Regards.
Hns
One Star

Hello everyone,
I am having the exact issue, any updates concerning the connection with HFSQL from Talend?
Regards.
One Star

Bonjour
J'ai le meme besoin, j'ai passé des heures sur le tOleDbInput sans succès (chaine de connexion testée dans Excel et qui fonctionne!)
Merci d'un peu de soutien sur cette demande...
Fabrice SIMON

Hi Fabrice SIMON,
This is an international forum and English is the language we use. Posting in English will allow you to get more visibility and more help. Thanks for your understanding!
Best regards
Sabrina
--