Six Stars

Connection to Generator failed (CommandLine)

I successfully generated and ran Tasks using Job Conductor using our Dev setup (tac+cmdline in 1 server and jobserver in another).

We have the same setup in QA/Test. However, when I add a job (from Bitbucket) to "Job Conductor" and try to "Generate" it, I get a "Connection to Generator failed (CommandLine)" message.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Here is the entire log.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.commandline.util.RepositoryHandler.initRepository(RepositoryHandler.java:80)
at org.talend.commandline.util.RepositoryHandler.init(RepositoryHandler.java:52)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.init(CommandProcessor.java:98)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseInitRemoteCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:121)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:60)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

4 REPLIES

Re: Connection to Generator failed (CommandLine)

Hello,

What's talend subscription solution you are using? Have you already configured git in TAC?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Check in configuration if connection to command line is marked as green  if not there may be two possibilities either CML is not installed or it stopped so you have to restart it. 

Hello,

Is there any update for your 'Connection to Generator failed(CommandLine)' error?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

We had updated our license through TAC. However, it turns out that we had to copy this new license to the CommandLine directory too. This is not documented anywhere and as at result, I wasted all this time trying to figure this out.