Six Stars

Connection to Amazon RDS with tAmazonsqlConnection fails -- how to use tSetKeystore with AWS cert

Talend Open Studio 6.3
Windows 10
JDK 1.8.0.111
MySQL 5.6
-------------
I need an example of how to use the tAmazonMysqlConnection component with an Amazon cert bundle. I don't see anywhere in the component where you can specify the cert or cert location. I do know you have to add to the "Additional JDBC Parameters" the following:
useSSL=true
How is a connection accomplished using the tAmazonMysqlConnection component with a Amazon cert bundle? Where do you specify the cert bundle location?
Please provide images if possible.

What I need to do is create a connection similar to the following (file names anonymized):

mysql -h myinstance.c9akciq32.rds-us-east-1.amazonaws.com
--ssl-ca=rds-combined-ca-bundle.pem --ssl-verify-server-cert

The key mentioned above is a public key available from Amazon RDS.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: Connection to Amazon RDS with tAmazonsqlConnection fails -- how to use tSetKeystore with AWS cert

Six Stars

Re: Connection to Amazon RDS with tAmazonsqlConnection fails -- how to use tSetKeystore with AWS cert

Your input was helpful.

However, I am using the tAmazonMySQLConnection component.  And I used the keytool to store my AWS cert in the Java cert file jseecacerts under my JRE folder %JRE_HOME%\lib\security

tAmazonMySQL.PNG

Six Stars

Here is a related issue -- sounds like I am not the only one having problems.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Unable-to-connect-using-tAmazonMySqlConnectio...