Connection to Amazon RDS with tAmazonsqlConnection fails -- how to use tSetKeystore with AWS cert

Six Stars

Connection to Amazon RDS with tAmazonsqlConnection fails -- how to use tSetKeystore with AWS cert

Talend Open Studio 6.3
Windows 10
JDK 1.8.0.111
MySQL 5.6
-------------
I need an example of how to use the tAmazonMysqlConnection component with an Amazon cert bundle. I don't see anywhere in the component where you can specify the cert or cert location. I do know you have to add to the "Additional JDBC Parameters" the following:
useSSL=true
How is a connection accomplished using the tAmazonMysqlConnection component with a Amazon cert bundle? Where do you specify the cert bundle location?
Please provide images if possible.

What I need to do is create a connection similar to the following (file names anonymized):

mysql -h myinstance.c9akciq32.rds-us-east-1.amazonaws.com
--ssl-ca=rds-combined-ca-bundle.pem --ssl-verify-server-cert

The key mentioned above is a public key available from Amazon RDS.

Thank you.

Forteen Stars

Re: Connection to Amazon RDS with tAmazonsqlConnection fails -- how to use tSetKeystore with AWS cert

Six Stars

Re: Connection to Amazon RDS with tAmazonsqlConnection fails -- how to use tSetKeystore with AWS cert

Your input was helpful.

However, I am using the tAmazonMySQLConnection component.  And I used the keytool to store my AWS cert in the Java cert file jseecacerts under my JRE folder %JRE_HOME%\lib\security

tAmazonMySQL.PNG

Six Stars

Here is a related issue -- sounds like I am not the only one having problems.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Unable-to-connect-using-tAmazonMySqlConnectio...

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch