I am getting below mentioned error message by using below mentioned steps
Error " Connection failure.You must change the database setting"
Steps:
1. Click on Metadata
2. Right click on DB connections, then create connections
3. Enter name as MyAccessDatabase and hit Next button at the bottom
4. Selected Access from DB Type drop down list
5. Leave blank for Login and Password fields
6. Click on Browse button to select a file (Ex: D:/MSAccess/MySampleDatabase.accdb)
7. By doing this String of Connection becomes "jdbcSmiley SurpriseddbcSmiley Very Happyriver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=d:/msaccess/mysampledatabase.accdb"
8. Now when I hit Check button I got above mentioned error message.
Please let me know how should I proceed from here.
Thanks,
Jagmohan
28 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Connection failure.You must change the database setting - Access DB

First of all, did you checked your local ODBC setting in Windows it self. The ODBC bridge (that is what you actually use) depends on this.
I would try also using any other JDBC database tool (SQuirrel e.g.) if you can access the metadata with they connection.
One Star

I have the same problem.
The interesting thing is that I get error only when setting up a connection with Talend Data Quality (Version 5.2.2.r99271)
I have aslo installed Talend Data Integration and this seems to work fine
I am connecting to a local MySQL instance.
Please advice
One Star

I have the same problem at Talend 5.3.1!
I am able to use any other database (mysql, sql, postgree) but with Access I can´t establish connection
Please, advices!!!
Community Manager

I have the same problem at Talend 5.3.1!
I am able to use any other database (mysql, sql, postgree) but with Access I can´t establish connection
Please, advices!!!

I tested and got the same problem in v5.3.1, can you please report a bug in our bugtracker?
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Is there a resolution to this issue to date? Is there another connection to MDB preferred?
One Star

Am getting same error when trying to connect to local mysql from DI.
but its working fine from MDM and DQ.
Whether its a BUG ?
Please advice.
Regards,
Ashwini Ahire

Hi,
Could you please indicate the build version you're using? How did you get to the DB connection by Metadata or tMysqlxxx component in Talend DI?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Como Puedo conectarme desde Talend un Una BASE DE DATOS que tengo alojada en un hosting
One Star

Hi
I am having the same problem with 5.5.1, could it be my java isn't configured correctly?
I am getting the same error when attempting to add Access metadata.
does my Talend bit version need to be the same as my java bit version?
would appreciate help
many thanks
One Star

Hi,
I am having the same problem with Talend Open Studio for Data Quality v5.6.2 while trying to connect to an excel file. Can someone please solve this problem? Thanks.
One Star

I am using Talend DI 5.2. When I am trying to connect to postgreSQL, I'm getting the below error:
"Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings."
Could you please help me in resolving the issue.
Thanks in advance,
Thrilok.
One Star

I am facing same issue while connecting Remote Oracle database from my Talend Enterprise DI(ver 5.6.2).I am able to connect same database using Talend DI open studio but not from Enterprise DI.Please suggest some resolution.

Hi adas_talend,
Did you set up your DB connection in metadata? What's the error message you are getting? jdbcODBC driver is missing? Could you please also post your error message into forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
  I am using metadata manager.Please find attached screenshot of the error I am facing.
One Star

Hi,
  Please find attached screenshot of the error.I am using metadata to set up the oracle connection.

Hi adas_talend,
It seems that the screenshots didn't come through (any issue with the upload image feature?).
Please drop the image directly in the editor window after clicking "upload" button.

Best regards
Sabrina

--
One Star

Thanks for the suggestion.Please find attached error screenshot.

Hi adas_talend,
Have you already checked document about:https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Configuring+the+Studio&content-lang=en?
Did you install and place required external jar in folder <StudioPath>/lib/java?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
  I am using  database connection wizard in which clicking 'check' button takes me to the details of Jar files that needs to be installed for the specified database settings.In this case it is Oracle 12 with Sid option.I have used download and install option from the window in which details of Oracle connectivity related jar file got downloaded and installed in the following path.
D:\Talendinstallation\studio\configuration\lib\java
Not sure anything else I have missed.Please suggest.

Hi,
Is there any success after restarting your studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
  Still the problem persists.
One Star

Hi,
I'm getting the same error:
"connection failure. You must change the database setting"
While trying to connect to Microsoft SQL Server (from Metadata->DBconnection)
Do I need to add some jars? Talend doesn't support this database automatically?
Thanks

Hi danny,
Is there any more error message about this connection issue? Can you successfully connect your Microsoft SQL server through client without using Talend Tool?
Talend Studio requires specific third-party Java libraries or database drivers (.jar files) to be installed to connect to sources and targets. Those libraries or drivers, known as external modules, can be required by some of Talend components or by some connection wizards or by both. Due to license restrictions, Talend may not be able to ship certain external modules within Talend Studio.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thank you Sabrina for your fast reply,

Attached please find the full error message.
I tried to connect to both SQL Server and a local SQL Express. Both returned the same error. I can connect to both thru client (Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio).
Do you know if the necessary .jar files for Microsoft SQL Server are included in Talend? If not, which .jar files are needed?

Thanks
error_message.pdf_20160722-0418.pdf

Hi danny_hal,
 Unknown server host name"xxx"

From your error message, there is something wrong with you DB connection parameter.
Could you please show us your DB connection setting screenshot?
For necessary .jar files for Microsoft SQL Server, please take a look at documents about:
TalendHelpCenter:Identify required external modules

TalendHelpCenter:Install external modules
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

can somebody help how can I setup connection between Sql Server and talend. in my local system
Two Stars

I am getting same error  while connecting to postgresql database. 

Hello,

What's the postgresql database version are you using? On which talend build version you got this connection failure?

Best regards

Sabrina

--