Connection failure: SQLException: Login Timed Out

Five Stars

Connection failure: SQLException: Login Timed Out

Hi, I am trying to connect to a SQL Server through Talend and this error shows up:

image.png

I have access to the database to another server but on this other server, Talend won't let me connect with the database.

Any ideas of what is wrong?

Java version is: "1.8.0_172"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_172-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.172-b11, mixed mode)

Thank you.

Forteen Stars

Re: Connection failure: SQLException: Login Timed Out

simplest check - connect from same machine(server) to target SQL server with used in talend name, instance name, port and check

timeout in most of the cases (99,99%) - or wrong information (non standard port, dns error for server name etc) or network firewall rules

-----------
Five Stars

Hi, thank you for your answer. But I'm sure I wrote the right instance name, password and database. I have Talend in another server and when I try to connect to the database I want it works just fine, but when I do it for Talend that is in another server, the login timed out shows up. I don't think it makes any sense? 

Forteen Stars

@kayeann wrote:

Hi, thank you for your answer. But I'm sure I wrote the right instance name, password and database. I have Talend in another server and when I try to connect to the database I want it works just fine, but when I do it for Talend that is in another server, the login timed out shows up. I don't think it makes any sense? 

this is why I wrote - you need to check connection from current server with classic sql tools - studio or command line clien

-----------
IF

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog