Connection Timeout Problemmmmmmmm...

One Star

Connection Timeout Problemmmmmmmm...

Hi All,
I am trying to migrate the data from flat file to DB2 using Talend.
Following Components are used:
Tmap
TDb2output.
The problem i have is connection timeout on db2 server side.
There is no error.
Error message by Talend:
*********************************************************************************
Exception in component tDB2Input_1
com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.DisconnectException: java.net.ConnectException : Error opening socket to server BLREQR2008/129.1.32.16 on port 50000 with message : Connection timed out: connect DB2ConnectionCorrelator: null
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.fc.a(fc.java:371)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.fc.<init>(fc.java:66)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.a.v(a.java:254)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.a(b.java:1792)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.p.<init>(p.java:936)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.<init>(b.java:324)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.connect(DB2Driver.java:165)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:525)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
at datamigration.savtodb2_gld0data.SAVTODB2_GLD0DATA.tDB2Input_1Process(SAVTODB2_GLD0DATA.java:10877)
at datamigration.savtodb2_gld0data.SAVTODB2_GLD0DATA.tFileInputPositional_1Process(SAVTODB2_GLD0DATA.java:1542)
at datamigration.savtodb2_gld0data.SAVTODB2_GLD0DATA.tJava_1Process(SAVTODB2_GLD0DATA.java:10559)
at datamigration.savtodb2_gld0data.SAVTODB2_GLD0DATA.main(SAVTODB2_GLD0DATA.java:12837)
********************************************************************************************
Question : how can i increase the connection timeout on Talend site or i do have to do on db2 server side.
this problem is very frequent.
plzzzzzz help me out.... Smiley Sad
One Star

Re: Connection Timeout Problemmmmmmmm...

yes.. i am also facing the same problem..
if the db2 server is on the local machine, then we dont get this error..
if the server is on the different machine, then we get this error very frequently..
is this the problem with TALEND or with DB2?
my second question is why do we need seperated connection for each DB2Out ??cant we have one connection for all output tables?
Community Manager

Hi
about the first question, we have tested DB2 components to connect to different machine and they run fine, so I think it's depend on your machine or connection timeout. you can try to change your timeout on DB2 server.
why do we need seperated connection for each DB2Out ??cant we have one connection for all output tables?

we have created the connection component for the main databases, such as: tMySQLConnection, about this kind component for DB2, please report a new features in our bugtracker.
Thanks for your support !
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the steps for importing data from csv file to our database in talend profiler.
thnaks
leena
One Star

I am facing same exception though i am using tMySqlConnection component .I am trying to connect to remote server and session is getting removed
One Star

Please help me with the solution to the session time out problem uasing Talend
One Star

I found this info. Don't know if it helps at all.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tamit721/v7r2m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.license.mgmt.probd...
The connection with the database cannot be established despite the fact that the values specified for the tlmsrv user, host name and port number are correct. The <temp_dir>/tad4d721/Server.log contains the following error message: A SQLException caught: java.net.ConnectException : Error opening socket to server <db2_host> on port <db2_port> with message : Connection timed out DB2ConnectionCorrelator: null.
Try to connect to the database using the DB2 client to find out more about the problem.

Also found info suggesting you need to use a DB2 type 4 driver.
One Star

How about the issue i am facing using the tMySqlConnection.
I observed that after a period of time database connection session is lossed.
Please suggest
One Star

Please help I'm getting this error message..
Exception in component tMysqlInput_11
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure
The last packet successfully received from the server was 1,148 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 421,259 milliseconds ago.
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1117)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:3589)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:3478)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4019)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:919)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.nextRow(MysqlIO.java:1929)
at com.mysql.jdbc.RowDataDynamic.nextRecord(RowDataDynamic.java:417)
Community Manager

Hi rockysree
Search forum topics with key word "Communications link failure", you will find many similar topics, that provide the possible causes and solutions.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Seventeen Stars

I can confirm, the tDB2 components works well even if the DB2 server is not the on the same machine. The mentioned error is a misconfiguration in the server or in the connection properties.
One Star

Thank you guys, I will check on the suggestions, Thanks again
One Star

Bonojur
Quand j'exécute, mon job talend, je reçois l'erreur suivante :
Exception in component tDB2Input_3
com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.DisconnectException: java.net.BindException : Error opening socket to server VMERMAC/56.45.118.86 on port 50000 with message : Address already in use: connect  DB2ConnectionCorrelator: null
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.fc.a(fc.java:371)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.fc.<init>(fc.java:66)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.a.v(a.java:254)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.a(b.java:1792)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.p.<init>(p.java:936)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.<init>(b.java:324)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.connect(DB2Driver.java:165)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at cocpit_homol.alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_si_0_1.Alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_SI.tDB2Input_3Process(Alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_SI.java:13649)
at cocpit_homol.alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_si_0_1.Alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_SI.tDB2Input_1Process(Alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_SI.java:8275)
at cocpit_homol.alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_si_0_1.Alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_SI.runJobInTOS(Alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_SI.java:14019)
disconnected
at cocpit_homol.alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_si_0_1.Alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_SI.runJob(Alimentation_lot1_tables_base1_SI.java:13866)
at cocpit_homol.job_dwh_master_0_1.JOB_DWH_MASTER.tRunJob_1Process(JOB_DWH_MASTER.java:963)
at cocpit_homol.job_dwh_master_0_1.JOB_DWH_MASTER.tRunJob_19Process(JOB_DWH_MASTER.java:842)
at cocpit_homol.job_dwh_master_0_1.JOB_DWH_MASTER.runJobInTOS(JOB_DWH_MASTER.java:4521)
at cocpit_homol.job_dwh_master_0_1.JOB_DWH_MASTER.main(JOB_DWH_MASTER.java:4362)
Exception in component tRunJob_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Child job running failed
at cocpit_homol.job_dwh_master_0_1.JOB_DWH_MASTER.tRunJob_1Process(JOB_DWH_MASTER.java:982)
at cocpit_homol.job_dwh_master_0_1.JOB_DWH_MASTER.tRunJob_19Process(JOB_DWH_MASTER.java:842)
at cocpit_homol.job_dwh_master_0_1.JOB_DWH_MASTER.runJobInTOS(JOB_DWH_MASTER.java:4521)
at cocpit_homol.job_dwh_master_0_1.JOB_DWH_MASTER.main(JOB_DWH_MASTER.java:4362)
Job JOB_DWH_MASTER terminé à 12:31 12/09/2014.
est ce que quelqu'un peut m'aider ?
Merci 

Hi ilhamiss,
This is an international forum and English is the language we use. Posting in English will allow you to get more visibility and more help. Thanks for your understanding!
Exception in component tDB2Input_3
com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.DisconnectException: java.net.BindException : Error opening socket to server VMERMAC/56.45.118.86 on port 50000 with message : Address already in use: connect  DB2ConnectionCorrelator: null

For your issue, is port 50000 (the default DB2 port)  the right one? Can you connect to DB2 server without using Talend Tool? Please verify that the credentials you've used in the component are right.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

I work every week since 3 years with Talend and DB2 and it works well. This problem is definitely not caused by Talend because at this time the JDBC driver tries to establish the connection and this functionality is not changed or manipulated by Talend Studio. 
I guess you are unable to establish a connection with any other JDBC based database tool like SQLDeveloper or SQuirrel or DBVisualizer etc.
Please post us the connection properties.