Connection Failure to Hive (Hortonworks 2.3.0.0-2557) with TOS 6.1

One Star

Connection Failure to Hive (Hortonworks 2.3.0.0-2557) with TOS 6.1

Hi,
I try to connect Talend Open Studio (6.1.1.20151314_1327) on my Windows 7 Laptop to a HDP 2.3.0.0-2557 platform. I used the configuration wizard and have for hive the following settings:
- Distribution: Hortonworks
- Version: Hortonworks Data Platform V2.3.0
- Hive Model: Standalone
- Hive Server Version: Hive Server2
- No Kerberos authentification
- Login and Password are maintained
- Hadoop Properties: Empty
- Hive Properties: Empty
Database Properties
- SQL Syntax: SQL92
- String Quote: "
- Null Char: 000
But I get an error message which says the following:
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.sql.SQLException: Connection time out. (timeout can be configured in )
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager.createHive2StandaloneConnection(HiveConnectionManager.java:212)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager.createHiveStandloneConnection(HiveConnectionManager.java:154)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager.checkConnection(HiveConnectionManager.java:375)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.checkHiveConnection(ManagerConnection.java:163)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$30.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2665)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$30.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager.createHive2StandaloneConnection(HiveConnectionManager.java:208)
      ... 10 more
User and password I checked already. I checked also if the Port is blocked. I checked also with an another tool for database management and the same settings the connection and there it works.
Perhaps someone has any idea how to resolve? Many thanks.

Re: Connection Failure to Hive (Hortonworks 2.3.0.0-2557) with TOS 6.1

Hi,
Have you tried to modify timout configuration in Preferences/Talend/Performance>Connection timeout to see  if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am trying to connect from Open Studio DQ... using Hive connection.
I am having a similar problem but getting a NullPoint exception. Not sure why?
Also wonder if this is due to standalone option...
Thanks,
Ian
--------------------------
  java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager.createHive2StandaloneConnection(HiveConnectionManager.java:214)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager.createHiveStandloneConnection(HiveConnectionManager.java:154)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager.checkConnection(HiveConnectionManager.java:375)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.checkHiveConnection(ManagerConnection.java:163)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$30.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2665)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$30.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
  Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.HiveConnectionManager.createHive2StandaloneConnection(HiveConnectionManager.java:207)
      ... 9 more
One Star

Hi,
yes I tried the Timeout but it wasn't this. In fact it was the proxy. Even I made a exclusion, the JDBC tried to use the proxy. By changing to direct connection it worked.
Many thanks.
Best regards,
Highlighted
One Star

Hi,
I am getting the same error. Please help me to resolve it.
Thanks,
Surbhi

Hi Surbhi,
Is your network Ok with you? Are you behind proxy? Could you please give us more description about your current situation?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi ,
Any resolution to the below error ?
I am also getting the same issue
  java.sql.SQLException: Connection time out. (timeout can be configured in )
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.ImpalaConnectionManager.createConnection(ImpalaConnectionManager.java:105)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.ImpalaConnectionManager.checkConnection(ImpalaConnectionManager.java:58)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.checkImpalaConnection(ManagerConnection.java:180)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$61.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3944)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$61.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
  Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.connection.manager.ImpalaConnectionManager.createConnection(ImpalaConnectionManager.java:101)
      ... 8 more
Talend team , request to resolve at your earliest.
Thanks,
Honey

Hi hlahoti,
Could you please indicate on which build version you got this issue? What does your setting look like? More information will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I am using the TOS DQ :Version: 6.3.1
I have to connect to impala using CDH5.7
I follow all the steps for installing external modules but still get the issue as listed above.
do let me know if you need any further details