One Star

Connection Failure. You must change the Database Settings.

Hi everyone,
I am trying to establish a connection between Microsoft sql server and Talend. When I enter the details and click check I get the following error message :
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.Exception: Impossible to initialize the connection !
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1134)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3953)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I have entered all the details correctly, the server name and port. I have left the login and password empty.
Any suggestions or solutions?
Thanks!
Thayjes
2 REPLIES

Re: Connection Failure. You must change the Database Settings.

Hi,
Which version of TOS are you using? What's your Microsoft sql server version? Screenshots of DB connection will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Re: Connection Failure. You must change the Database Settings.