Connecting to remote server via Studio

One Star

Connecting to remote server via Studio

Hi,
I am trying to connect to a remote server via the ETL Studio (see screenshot). Note that the URL is fictitious. When I try to switch the connection to remote, I do not see my list of projects there and furthermore it says 'connection incomplete'. I am able to paste the URL into my browser and bring up the URL fine. Also, I can ping 'myServer' without any issues. Any ideas on how to get the connection to succeed? Is there any log file I can search for in the studio to see why the connection is 'incomplete'?
Thanks,
Doug

Re: Connecting to remote server via Studio

Hi,
Did you follow up document TalendHelpCenter:Installing the Talend products for the first time to config your studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,

Can you be more specific please? I tried reading through the Talend Data Integration Studio User Guide (section 2.6.14) and I get 
'Unable to retrieve projects:
Unable to access to url:
http://myServerSmiley Tongueort/org.company.administrator'
Thanks,
Doug

Hi,
http://myServerSmiley Tongueort/org.company.administrator'

Have you set up your repository on SVN?
The SVN tool works as a server role, all the items including jobs, routines, metadata etc are stored in remote SVN server, instead of the local (with Talend Open Studio, the projects are stored in local), multiple co-workers can connect to the SVN server, check out the same repository project and work with it at the same time.
T
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,

The repository is on SVN. Another colleague's studio can connect to the repository without any issues.
Doug

Hi,
Is your network good for your? Is there any error log which is located in
<Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log ?
Are you using Talend Enterprise Subscription for Data Integration or a free trial version of Talend Enterprise product?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

hello Team , 
I installed talend open studio in ubuntu , but i can't choose remote repository " like option " i have juste the repository "local" . 
How can i add the option remote in the repository ? 
thanks for help . 

Hi steph007,
What's the build version you are using? The "Remote" feature will be available in talend subsription version. 
Best regards
Sabrina
--