Five Stars

Connecting to a DB channeling through a remote machine

Hi,

I need to establish connection to an Oracle11 DB but I incur in a problem:

- Talend is installed on my PC, where I usually do development, connected to network A.

- The job I'm working on will be run on machine B, connected to a customer network: I can access machine B through Remote Desktop.

- The job should read data from the Oracle DB on a machine C and write them on MSSQL DB on machine B

- Machine C can be seen from machine B, of course, but not from machine A

Is it possible to use TOS on machine A during the development phase and read data on machine C channeling through B?

Of course I may install Talend on B or ask admin of C to open it to A but I wonder if I can find a more general way of proceeding

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twelve Stars

Re: Connecting to a DB channeling through a remote machine

If you are using the Enterprise Edition you could use a Remote Job Server which would allow you to connect your Studio to your Machine B and run/debug the job on there. This requires some config, but is possible. It is explained here: https://help.talend.com/reader/1~9OqzgTIX~HofOefoxthg/~OZnxFASqA6xkxmL6QZ7Iw

If you are using the Open Source Edition you might be able to get this to work simply by setting up a proxy server on your Machine A pointing to Machine B. This would be the way I would try if I had this problem. Other ways may be to exchange your Connection within your job with a Connection making use of SSH (is SSH available to you?), but this would involve adding a fair amount of code to your job. You could also just build your job and drop the compiled job onto Machine B....but that is probably not going to be that useful for debugging.

Rilhia Solutions
1 REPLY
Twelve Stars

Re: Connecting to a DB channeling through a remote machine

If you are using the Enterprise Edition you could use a Remote Job Server which would allow you to connect your Studio to your Machine B and run/debug the job on there. This requires some config, but is possible. It is explained here: https://help.talend.com/reader/1~9OqzgTIX~HofOefoxthg/~OZnxFASqA6xkxmL6QZ7Iw

If you are using the Open Source Edition you might be able to get this to work simply by setting up a proxy server on your Machine A pointing to Machine B. This would be the way I would try if I had this problem. Other ways may be to exchange your Connection within your job with a Connection making use of SSH (is SSH available to you?), but this would involve adding a fair amount of code to your job. You could also just build your job and drop the compiled job onto Machine B....but that is probably not going to be that useful for debugging.

Rilhia Solutions