Connecting to SQL Server Database with SSL Enabled

One Star

Connecting to SQL Server Database with SSL Enabled

Hi,
I'm having trouble connecting to a SQL Server Database (2008) with SSL Enabled.
I have followed the steps in bug TDI-32738
I have setup a Metadata->Db Connections->{MySQLConnection} using the Wizard which won't connect to the database and returns the following error:
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Socket closed

But when I use a tMSSqlConnection component and connect it to the above item via the Repository and add JVM Arguments -Djsse.enableCBCProtection=false  to the Job, it connects to the database, and returns data.    
But How can I get my Connection in the Metadata to connect to the Database?, so I can define the Table schemas??
Community Manager

Re: Connecting to SQL Server Database with SSL Enabled

Hi 
This is the solution provided in the jira issue TDI-32738
Start studio with vm argument -Djsse.enableCBCProtection=false
and in the db wizard add additional param encrypt=true;trustServerCertificate=true;ssl=require .
It can make the db wizard work without problem .
When run a job with MSSQL component , need to add vm argument -Djsse.enableCBCProtection=false
in Run view > advanced settings > Use specific JVM arguments.

You need to add the VM argument to the studio configuration file such as TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini which is located in <studio install dir> directory before starting Talend Studio.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Re: Connecting to SQL Server Database with SSL Enabled

Thanks that worked.
It wasn't clear in bug TDI-32738  where the VM argument was meant to go for the Open Studio settings.
Question:
Is there any plans to fit this in future releases? Won't this make the Connection vulnerable to the SSL BEAST attacks?