Connecting to Fishbowl Inventory

Highlighted
Five Stars

Connecting to Fishbowl Inventory

A popular application https://www.fishbowlinventory.com/ has an API,   but it's not clear how it could work with Talend. They supply some sample code that shows it is a raw socket that basically starts with a Big Endian 32 bit number which denotes the length , then has a stream of XML that size.  I looked thorough components and for example jobs and found nothing that looked applicable. Suggestions?

Seven Stars

Re: Connecting to Fishbowl Inventory

Hi Panometric,

In Talend we have tRestClient , tRest and tSOAP component in order to consume data through API's.

Could you please let us know they are using REST or SOAP API.

Thanks & Regards
A Ravi Kumar
Mobile Number : +91 852-762-1083
Email-id : a.ravikumar104@gmail.com
Skype Id : ammanannaravikumar
Five Stars

Ravi,

It is neither SOAP or REST, just a raw socket with XML prefixed by lengths. Authentication is done through XML. I know Talend can work with the XML OK, it's the raw socket I could not find a component for. I'm hoping not to have to write my own. Aren't there any components that already work like this?

Hello,

If you want to build a service, you should use tRESTRequest and tRESTResonse.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Join us live for a sneak peek!

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads