One Star

Connecting to Amazon's DynamoDB

We're looking into using Amazon's DynamoDB (NoSQL) and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience in connecting it to Talend ToS Big Data (or the regular ToS).
7 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Connecting to Amazon's DynamoDB

Hey, we started to use Talend Data Integration and the ability to interact with Amazon DynamoDB would be a valuable addition.
One Star

Hey,
I know it's been awhile, but I saw this post and wanted to post a work-around that worked for me.
The AWS Jar files are available via the tLoadLibrary step, but if you put a "dummy" AWS step in the Job, most of the libraries load.  There's one more JAR that you have to manually load with tLoadLibrary.  If you reply and need it, I'll dig up the specific JAR.
Once you have that done (I was able to do it in 2 steps), you create a tJavaFlex step.  Under "Advanced", import your AWS packages and follow the normal Java AWS DynamoDB Query steps.  You'll need to manually define your schema.  After that, connect to any other component as usual.
Roger
One Star

Roger
In our project we deal with a similar situation and are looking for ways to connect to Dynamo. Glad I came across your post. Sure will follow the same. Can you please let us know the other JAR that we need to load manually with tLoadLibrary. 
Thx
Manik
Seventeen Stars

hi,
you can vote for this feature  at
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-19385?jql=text%20~%20%22DynamoDB%22
regards
laurent
Six Stars

Bit old now but the current beta 6.2 is supporting tDynamoInput, tDynamoOutput and tDynamoInputLookup!

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.
--Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926), The Happy Life, 1896
One Star

Bit old now but the current beta 6.2 is supporting tDynamoInput, tDynamoOutput and tDynamoInputLookup!

Adrien, thanks a lot for your comment! Thanks to it I've downloaded new TOS and can finally finish my job wiht Dynamo export using only Talend!
Question: I don't see DynamoInputLookup component. Is it depricated after beta?
Thanks again! 
Six Stars

It is in the documentation but I believe it is only available to subscription edition 

Cheers,

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.
--Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926), The Happy Life, 1896