One Star

Connecting tMSSqlRow to tMSSqlInput in Talend 5.3.1

I have a Talend job where tMSSqlRow executes a number of SQL queries and creates a temp table at the end. It is connected to a tMSSqlInput, where the data is selected from that temp table and the schema of tMSSqlInput matches the temp table structure. Then tMSSqlInput is connected to a tMap control. This job was created in an earlier version of Talend. I need to make modifications to this job. When I tried to add new components and mimic the same design, I realized that I cannot connect components in the same way. I can connect tMSSqlRow to tMSSqlInput, but then I cannot connect tMSSqlInput to tMap. If I connect tMSSqlInput to tMap first, then I cannot connect tMSSqlRow to tMSSqlInput. Even if I delete existing OnSubjobOK connection from a job that was developed earlier, I cannot add it back (luckily Ctrl Z brings it back). Is that functionality no longer supported in 5.3.1? Am I doing something wrong? I tried to attach a picture, but got an error message...
Thank you for your help,
Mikhail.
3 REPLIES

Re: Connecting tMSSqlRow to tMSSqlInput in Talend 5.3.1

Hi,
Please upload your current job design screenshots into forum so that we can get your situation more precisely.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

This is a fragment of the existing job. What I am trying to recreate is circled - a connection between tMSSqlRow and tMSSqlInput, and tehn to tMap. (Hopefully the image is going to be uploaded correctly this time...)
Thank you very much for your help,
Mikhail.
One Star

Another curious fact - I can do it in a brand new job. Is it possible that something happened during upgrades from one version to another? All jobs have been upgraded to higher Talend versions at least twice.