One Star

Connecting Talend to MS SQL Server 2008

Hi ,
I have been trying to create a connection to MS SQL Server 2008 in Data Integration and Data Quality . But everytime I keep getting this error " Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings."
This is a local server with Windows Authentication. Could someone please provide help in solving this issue ?
I have attached a screenshot of the details I gave to create the connection. I have searched for an answer previously posted but could not find any relevant solution.
Regards,
Dhivikram
8 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Connecting Talend to MS SQL Server 2008

Hi
Which version are you using?
Any users met the same problem when trying to connect to MS SQL with windows Authentication, below are the related topics, some suggestion are provided in the topics.
http://community.talend.com:80/t5/Data-Quality-and-Preparation/resolved-Cannot-connect-to-SQL-Server...
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12453
Please try the solution and let us know if it works!
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

None of the solutions posted 'til this time are working. Talend version 4 is able to connect to SQL Server using windows authntication. Not sure why this was changed in most recent versions, but for sure this was an step in the wrong direction from Talend Team.
One Star

I have finally figured out how to install the JDBC drivers to work with Integrated Security on SQL Server 2008. You will need to download the JTDS driver to make this work
? Extract the JTDS driver and place anywhere on your system
? Copy the jtds-1.2.6.jar file into the Java Path directory that you are using with Talend. I have this working with the 1.7 64 bit version of the JDK
? Copy the ntlmauth.dll file from either the x32/SSO or x64/SSO directory of the JTDS distribution anywhere into your path. I added the bin directory of the Java path directory to the path variable and copied the file their.
? Restart your system
You should be able to connect to SQL Server 2008 using integrated Security (Windows Authentication) now.
? Within Talend go to the Metadata section and right click on DB connections and add a new data source
? Select Microsoft SQL Server in the DB Type dropdown
? Add ?Integrated Security?=true to the Additional Parameters entry
? Add the server name and hit the Check button
This should get you going.
One Star

I have the same problem with SQLServer8, I have applied the solution cited above (Daviper), It was the same I did with opentalend version 4 (and it worked) but It do not work with version 5.1 or 5.2. When I created the connection either nor work or only works the first time I creates. There are post that refer such a beahaviour.
I use W/ 32 bits
Thanks

just checking
are you using this option on your connection successfully?
Add ?Integrated Security?=true to the Additional Parameters entry
thanks,
One Star

Hi,
Yes I added that and it does not work, really when I used the version 4.1 (long time ago) I had to do all these things and I worked. Now I have had to reinstall the version 4.1 and everithing is ok. So it seems it is a regression bug since version 4.1...?
I am the masacate1 of the previous post, I had same problems with my pass and I could not logged correctly as now
One Star

Hello,
I am experiencing the same problem of not connecting to Microsoft SQL server. My exception is: java.sql.SQLException: Login timed out.

I'm running Talend 5.2.2 (32 bit)
Java 7 (32bit)
JTDS 1.3
I'm not using Windows Authentication (normal SQL auth)
I believe I have everything set as described in this post. One thing I've noticed is that I do not have a JAVA_HOME env var set. However, My setting list a proper path to my JRE.
One Star

Talend connection documentation for SQL Server is sadly lacking, and flakey. The tool could triple its market if only they made it more obvious how to, e.e.: connect to a named instance using Integrated Security - a very common requirement. Smiley Sad