One Star jds
One Star

Connect to and use Exchange EWS

Has anyone had any luck connecting to Microsoft's Exchange EWS web service and being able to web service calls to it?
I've been able to test the service using soapUI but am rapidly hitting my head into a wall trying to access and utilize it in Talend; using tWebServiceInpiut I am unable to get the Advanced Settings / Advanced Use WSDL2Java button to generate stubs. I get a variety of errors, depending on what the options given are, but no code Smiley Sad
If you've gotten farther on this or have some ideas please share!
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Connect to and use Exchange EWS

Hi
Have you tried tSoap component to call a soap web service if it works with soapUI?
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star jds
One Star

I did not see a way to have tSoap read the wsdl and build stubs, so it was not clear to me at all how I would begin to call the methods/operations specified in the wsdl.
One Star jds
One Star

OK, made some teeny tiny progress, got tWebserviceInput to 'consume' the wsdl late Friday; will try to actually use it if I can figure out how this week.
The trick to getting the wsdl accepted is to copy the two related xsd files into the directory "{TALEND}\workspace\{PROJECT}\services". I copied the wsdl itself into there too but I don't think that was needed, but who knows.
The responses from EWS look more complex than the examples given for advanced use WSDL2JAVA. Has anyone got samples of using this for complex deeper hierarchy responses?