Four Stars

Connect to WebService to get Sharepoint List not working

Hi,

 

I've been unsuccessfully trying this afternoon to connect to an on prem Sharepoint to get a list of data using the standard GetList method from Microsoft.

You can see the setup in the picture.

 

I must also states that my sharepoint is using SSL for security, and also I added certificate to be able to communicate from my computer to sharepoint server.

 

I'm stuck with this message :

 

[statistics] connected
||<soap:Fault xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Code><soap:Value>soap:Receiver</soap:Value></soap:Cod... xml:lang="en">Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.</soap:Text></soap:Reason><detail><errorstring xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">
List does not exist.
The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.
</errorstring><errorcode xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">0x82000006</errorcode></detail></soap:Fault>
[statistics] disconnected

 

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

I connected to the sharepoint directly in my browser and tried to use different ListName... in very cases I end up with this previous message.

 

 

WstoSharepoint.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: Connect to WebService to get Sharepoint List not working

In anyone has the same problem.

 

I found how to fix this.

In the ENDPOINT parameter I was pointing at the root of sharepoint server

https://<mysite>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx

 

The right way to reach my list was to point on the SUBSITE as an endpoint like this

https://<mysite>/<subsite>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx

 

Example :

Wrong one is :

https://sharepoint.doux.fr/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx

 

Right one is :

https://sharepoint.doux.fr/sites/product/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx

 

based on the url you reach through your browser :

 

https://sharepoint.doux.fr/sites/product/default.aspx

1 REPLY
Four Stars

Re: Connect to WebService to get Sharepoint List not working

In anyone has the same problem.

 

I found how to fix this.

In the ENDPOINT parameter I was pointing at the root of sharepoint server

https://<mysite>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx

 

The right way to reach my list was to point on the SUBSITE as an endpoint like this

https://<mysite>/<subsite>/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx

 

Example :

Wrong one is :

https://sharepoint.doux.fr/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx

 

Right one is :

https://sharepoint.doux.fr/sites/product/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx

 

based on the url you reach through your browser :

 

https://sharepoint.doux.fr/sites/product/default.aspx