Connect to SAP: Integration by BAPI or Talend function module?

Six Stars

Connect to SAP: Integration by BAPI or Talend function module?

Hi everyone,

I need to know what is the best way to connect to SAP between integration by BAPI and Talend function module.

How do they function? What are advantages/disadvantages of these two way of connection to SAP?

In this moment I don't know what version of Talend I will use to develop my jobs.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Corinne

Re: Connect to SAP: Integration by BAPI or Talend function module?

Hello,

Talend provides tSAPBapi in order to connect to an SAP server and call a BAPI function to extract data from the SAP server.

Please have a look at this online component reference about:TalendHelpCenter:tSAPBapi

Note: The component in this framework is available in any subscription-based Talend solution.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hello Sabrina,

first of all, I thank you for your reply!
I will certainly have a look at the documentation in TalendHelpCenter.

But, can you help me understand in a simple way:
    -  what are the main differences between the use of the component tSAPBapi and the Talend function module?
    -  how does the Talend function module work?
    -  are there advantages and/or disadvantages of the use of the tSAPBapi?

-  are there advantages and/or disadvantages of the use of the Talend function module?

I await your new! Smiley Happy

Thank you,

Corinne

Hello,

Talend Studio ships with the SAP function modules to overcome SAP limitations and support extended SAP functionalities. You need to install some custom function modules on your SAP system based on your requirement(such as, reading data from Data Source and InfoCube objects or writing data to direct updatable Data Store objects )

tSAPBapi is a talend component(connector). Talend offers natively 800+ components within Talend Studio to address your data integration needs.

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.