One Star

Connect to Amazon EMR

Hi Talend Community,
this is my first post and I hope to get assistance as I came to a real dead-end. I am trying to connect to Amazon EMR, but with no success. I have already defined an SSH tunnel according to  and connected to and 8158 succesfully. Then tried to create a Hadoop Cluster, but it always fails. 
I tried to use both hdfs://localhost:8159 or hdfs://ec2-XXXXXX-XXXX:9101 addresses to connect but with no success. I also tried using both with other port numbers but still nothing. The error is either Connection Refused or TimeOut. 
Can you please provide with some info-example, on how to connect. I can also provide more info if you need but since I pretty much tried everything I just need to see some examples to solve this. 
Just to let you know I have already connected to S3 in Amazon so there is no problem on the connection to the cloud. 
Thank you in advance
Pantelis 
4 REPLIES

Re: Connect to Amazon EMR

Hi Pantelis,
Could you please indicate the build version you are using? What's your current job?
Did you check TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedupported Hadoop distribution versions firstly?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
these are the versions of the cluster 
Hadoop distribution:Amazon 2.4.0
Applications:Hive 0.13.1, Pig 0.12.0, Hue
and I am using Apache 2.4.0 version in the tPigLoad job. I guess that a full example with screenshots of how you set up EMR in Amazon and how you connect to it through Talend would be enough. I tried many different things and I cannot connect. I also saw that there were many people before me that made the same question, but I dont know if they found out a solution on this. 

Best Regards
Pantelis
One Star

Hello any advanced on this topic stucked at the same point .....
One Star

I am also stucked up at the same point. did any one find a solution for this ?