One Star

Connect TOS to a MySQL db on a Amazon AWS ec2

Hello everyone,
I have a server istance on amazon aws ec2 (t2.micro) with a mysql db installed on which I can access both with PUTTY and a Client (MYSQL Workbench) on my computer. However with talend the connection does not work.
I am creating a new matadata connection Metadata-->DbConnection (Create New Connections). I insert the name, server, port (3306), login, root and database, however when I select "check" I get the following error:
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:314)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2674)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
  Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor53.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:409)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1127)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:356)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(ConnectionImpl.java:2502)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectOneTryOnly(ConnectionImpl.java:2539)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2321)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:832)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:46)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor48.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:409)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:417)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:344)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
      ... 9 more
  Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
      at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
      at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
      at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor32.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:315)
      at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:306)
      ... 22 more

Do you have any ideas?
Thanks a lot,
Marco
11 REPLIES

Re: Connect TOS to a MySQL db on a Amazon AWS ec2

Hi,
Would you mind posting the screenshot of DB connection setting in metadata into forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

are you using talend on the same machine where you use putty ?
Check that your public IP is allowed in AWS inbound firewall with the port 3306
One Star

I have the same problem.
What is it mean from " You must press the Check Button to check the Database Setting"?
I cant login after register new account.
Hope someone can help
One Star

this is the image
One Star

this is the image
One Star

this is the image

this is the llink
One Star

Hi,
Would you mind posting the screenshot of DB connection setting in metadata into forum?
Best regards
Sabrina

why i cant attach link or hyperlink?
sites.google.com/site/khoironblogs/temp/Talend.png?attredirects=0&d=1

Hi,
You should register and log in as a Community member first, then you can upload your screenshot into forum.
Note:there is a limitation for posting URL on forum(10 posts).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Finally, i can login.
One Star

Hi,
Best regards
Sabrina

why i cant attach link or hyperlink?
sites.google.com/site/khoironblogs/temp/Talend.png
This is my capture

Hi,
Can you use "Upload" button to attach your screenshot on forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--