One Star

Configuring tHDFSConnection to connect to Amazon EMR

Could someone provide an example or link to an example of how to configure the tHdfsConnection component to connect to an existing Amazon EMR cluster? I am using Talend Open Studio for Big Data (5.4.1) on windows 7 laptop.
thanks!

6 REPLIES

Re: Configuring tHDFSConnection to connect to Amazon EMR

Hi,
Have you checked component reference TalendHelpCenter:tHDFSConnection firstly.
Did you have some issue on it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes, we researched the tHDFSConnection component. However, we were unable to get it to connect to the remote Amazon EMR HDFS. The only way we found to make it work was to create an ssh tunnel for the namenode uri. Is there a better approach than this? Thanks!
One Star

No one replied to this so i am reposting:
Yes, we researched the tHDFSConnection component. However, we were unable to get it to connect to the remote Amazon EMR HDFS. The only way we found to make it work was to create an ssh tunnel for the namenode uri. Is there a better approach than this? Thanks!
One Star

No one replied to this so i am reposting:
Employee

Hello,
Which version of Hadoop do you use on the EMR side?
One Star

We use Hadoop version 1.0.3