Five Stars

Configuring Proxy Correctly and Errors Fetching Third Party Jars

Hi All,

I am having issues downloading any package.  I think the proxy configuration may be causing the failure and/or there are a bunch of broken locations in the Talend repository.

1) My office uses a proxy to direct request network requests.  Attached is proxy configuration with proxy greyed out.  However, there is a warning saying I have to change the system property to 8080.  What and where are they referring to in Talend when they say system property because both ports are set to 8080 as you can see from the screenshot of the proxy configuration? 

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2018-01-11 15:27:15.220
!MESSAGE System property http.proxyPort is not set but should be 8080.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2018-01-11 15:27:15.236
!MESSAGE System property https.proxyPort is not set but should be 8080.

2) I am wondering if the proxy configuration is causing me to have issues downloading and installing packages.  Attached is the log where Talend cannot find many libraries in its repository (mostly start iwth the url mvnSmiley Surprisedrg.talend.libraries/) including errors at the bottom of the log mentioned in a and b. 

a) 2018-01-11 15:27:30,870 ERROR org.talend.dataprofiler.core.download.AbstractDQMissingJarsExtraUpdatesFactory  - failed to fetch missing third parties jars information for org.talend.dataprofiler.top.chart.jar

b) 2018-01-11 15:27:30,838 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - Error on line 1 of document  : Content is not allowed in prolog. Nested exception: Content is not allowed in prolog.

Exception stack trace:

org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 1 of document  : Content is not allowed in prolog. Nested exception: Content is not allowed in prolog.
 at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:482)
 at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:343)
 at org.talend.core.nexus.NexusServerUtils.search(NexusServerUtils.java:192)
 at org.talend.core.nexus.NexusServerUtils.search(NexusServerUtils.java:162)
 at org.talend.core.nexus.TalendLibsServerManager.search(TalendLibsServerManager.java:294)
 at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.RemoteModulesHelper.searchFromRemoteNexus(RemoteModulesHelper.java:246)
 at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.RemoteModulesHelper.access$7(RemoteModulesHelper.java:208)
 at org.talend.librariesmanager.utils.RemoteModulesHelper$RemoteModulesFetchRunnable.run(RemoteModulesHelper.java:150)
 at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.download.AbstractDQMissingJarsExtraUpdatesFactory.runNotInstallModule(AbstractDQMissingJarsExtraUpdatesFactory.java:206)
 at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.download.AbstractDQMissingJarsExtraUpdatesFactory.retrieveUninstalledExtraFeatures(AbstractDQMissingJarsExtraUpdatesFactory.java:99)
 at org.talend.updates.runtime.engine.ExtraFeaturesUpdatesFactory.retrieveUninstalledExtraFeatures(ExtraFeaturesUpdatesFactory.java:49)
 at org.talend.updates.runtime.ui.CheckExtraFeaturesToInstallJob.run(CheckExtraFeaturesToInstallJob.java:68)
 at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Nested exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
 at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:465)
 at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:343)

2 REPLIES

Re: Configuring Proxy Correctly and Errors Fetching Third Party Jars

Hello,

You can download external modules and install them directly into your Studio.

Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules from within the Studio.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Re: Configuring Proxy Correctly and Errors Fetching Third Party Jars

Hello,

so how do I access that dialog box 'Download external modules?'  If it is supposed to come from Additional Talend Packages under Help menu, this is what happens when I click that option.  It gives me all the errors I got in the first post above.  It is trying to download them, but nothing shows up here.  It am assuming it is because of the errors mentioned in the first post.  Btw, this occurs after I have added the talend update link to the proxy settings you mentioned in the other post.

1) download_package_1.PNG

2) download_package_2.PNG