Four Stars

Condition based filtering tutorial error: Exception in component tMap_1 (conditionBasedFiltering) java.lang.NullPointerException

I am following along with the Talend Tutorial video on condition based filtering and I am receiving the following error when I run my job:

Exception in component tMap_1 (conditionBasedFiltering)
java.lang.NullPointerException
  at talenddemo.conditionbasedfiltering_0_1.conditionBasedFiltering.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(conditionBasedFiltering.java:1627)
  at talenddemo.conditionbasedfiltering_0_1.conditionBasedFiltering.runJobInTOS(conditionBasedFiltering.java:2352)
  at talenddemo.conditionbasedfiltering_0_1.conditionBasedFiltering.main(conditionBasedFiltering.java:2201)

I have no data in either of my XML output files for moviesBerfore80s.xml or moviesFromThe80s.xml, but I do have data in my XML output file for moviesFromThe90s.

Any ideas on what's going on and what I could do to troubleshoot?

1 REPLY

Re: Condition based filtering tutorial error: Exception in component tMap_1 (conditionBasedFiltering) java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

A null pointer exception occurs when a Java object references null.

Could you please check it to see whether it is null at first in tMap?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.