Condition based filtering tutorial error: Exception in component tMap_1 (conditionBasedFiltering) java.lang.NullPointerException

Highlighted
Four Stars

Condition based filtering tutorial error: Exception in component tMap_1 (conditionBasedFiltering) java.lang.NullPointerException

I am following along with the Talend Tutorial video on condition based filtering and I am receiving the following error when I run my job:

Exception in component tMap_1 (conditionBasedFiltering)
java.lang.NullPointerException
  at talenddemo.conditionbasedfiltering_0_1.conditionBasedFiltering.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(conditionBasedFiltering.java:1627)
  at talenddemo.conditionbasedfiltering_0_1.conditionBasedFiltering.runJobInTOS(conditionBasedFiltering.java:2352)
  at talenddemo.conditionbasedfiltering_0_1.conditionBasedFiltering.main(conditionBasedFiltering.java:2201)

I have no data in either of my XML output files for moviesBerfore80s.xml or moviesFromThe80s.xml, but I do have data in my XML output file for moviesFromThe90s.

Any ideas on what's going on and what I could do to troubleshoot?

Re: Condition based filtering tutorial error: Exception in component tMap_1 (conditionBasedFiltering) java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

A null pointer exception occurs when a Java object references null.

Could you please check it to see whether it is null at first in tMap?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.