Component documentation usable in the Studio

Seventeen Stars

Component documentation usable in the Studio

The xml file has a tag documentation. I have tried to set here an URL but it does not work. How can I add documentation to a component and call it by the F1 key? Has anybody successfully added a documentation visible in the Studio?
Community Manager

Re: Component documentation usable in the Studio

Hi Jolling
Do you want to add a component document that doesn't exist yet in studio? or do you think there is a bug to display the component document if you press F1 key.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Seventeen Stars

I speak about custom components and the ability to have a documentation for them in the Studio like for the build-in components.
It looks like the documentation tag in the component-xml file is actually not really in use. Because of there is not documentation about components I can only perform try-and-error.
For the components sipped with the studio everything is fine. I mean the custom components. I am aware the documentation could hardly work in the same way as for the build-in because the build-in help pages are also part of the studio distribution but it would be great if the link which could set in the DOCUMENTATION flag could be used to start a browser and show this URL.
Here an example (I have tried this but it looks like it is not implemented to show this URL anywhere, so I decided to remove this again in the current release of my components to avoid any unexpected errors):
	<FAMILIES>
<FAMILY>Business/Google</FAMILY>
</FAMILIES>
<DOCUMENTATION>
<URL>http://www.jan-lolling.de/talend/components/help/tGoogleAnalyticsInput.pdf</URL>
</DOCUMENTATION> 

Could you please ask some developers where this URL is used?
If there is a chance to see this it would be great!
The build-in components looks like they never use this feature at all.
Community Manager

Hi jlolling 
I have submit your question to our R&D team, I will let you know once I have answers or they will reply directly you here.
Best regards
Shong
Community Manager

Hi jlolling
Sorry for delay, I got feedback from our developers that this would be a possible feature for custom component: allow to access external URL from the help property. Can you please create a jira issue on our bugtracker? Our developers will investigate this issue further.
Best regards
Shong
Seventeen Stars

Hi Shong,
I have created a issue as you suggested. 
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-31704
Best regards