One Star

Component cannot be deleted from jobdesgin

Hello
I added a tReplace to my design, configured and fidled, and then decided not to use it. I did a lot of clicking on "undo" to get back to the configuration without this component. Then I disabled it. Then tried to move it, but it got duplicated. I tried to delete it, but nothing happened.
Now I cannot delete it, and got a lot of them in my outline. See screenshot.
How can I get this cleaned up?
7 REPLIES

Re: Component cannot be deleted from jobdesgin

Hi,
Do you mean all the option "Delete" do not work for you? Try to right click the component tReplace and choose to delete it. If you cannot do that, restart your studio and try it again.
See pic
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

No form of delete works. No restart helps.
I did not duplicate it in the first place. And usually duplicate results in an incremented number in the name. Here they are all the same name. I suspect that the name is part of the problem. Renaming does not seem to help either.
I was looking for the structure in the workspace, but did not figure out where to edit manually. Is there any documentation on how Talend stores its projects?
Community Manager

Hi
It looks like a bug, which version are you using?
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Downloaded for Mac a week ago. I do not have the exact version with me right now.
Community Manager

Hi
You can see the version information at the top of Talend studio.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

"Talend Open Studio for Data Integration"
Version: 5.1.2
Build id: r90681-20120913-0734

Do you have any info on how the job is stored in the file-structure? Can I edit it manually?

Hi,
Do you have any info on how the job is stored in the file-structure? Can I edit it manually?

All the Talend job is located in<Talend Studio install path>/workspace/process. You can delete the whole job by manual, but cannot only delete the component. Is it what you need?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.