Compare two sources column by column

Four Stars

Compare two sources column by column

hello guys , i'm new to talend so you may say i'm a newbie , so my problem is that i want to compare tow data sources column by column and check if there is a difference in the structure of the two sources , is it possible in talend

thank you for your help guys , i appreciate any help or suggestions possible i'm stuck here .

Six Stars

Re: Compare two sources column by column

Could you please elaborate a bit about your scenario?

Four Stars

i have two inputs that i need to combine them through tMap and insert data in an Oracle database , so my problem is that the two sources may not come with the same number of columns each time (one missed column maybe) , though they are supposed to be the same. is there a way to check automatically for the differences between the two sources. 

thank you for your help.

Eight Stars

Hi @TalendNew ,

If your inputs are files then talend has a component called tfilecompare which can be used to compare 2 different files or same files in your case.

If your inputs arent files and you are pulling 2 tables instead from a database then you have sql builder option wherein you can check the structure of the tables and the columns/fields inside them.

Pls get back to the community, if necessary.

Thanks,

Ankit.

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download