Compare requirements with Talend Data Integration Open Studio

Four Stars

Compare requirements with Talend Data Integration Open Studio

Hello Community,

i am looking for a free ETL Tool and found Talend Data Integration Open Studio.
Now I want to compare this tool with my requirements.
I know that a free tool cant fulfill all requirements but i need them to compare different Tools.
For the following requirements I found no answers, so i hope you can help me
Its enough when you just answer with yes or no.

I just need this Information for the free ETL Tool: Talend Open Studio Data Integration.

Does the tool have:
- a web Service connector
- version controle System
- customize/build extensions
- python Interface
- scheduler
- regex parsing tool
- good Debugging capabilities
- ability to embed Code (for example Java)
- data Quality & profiling capabilities?

You would help me a lot!

Thank You

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Compare requirements with Talend Data Integration Open Studio

Please find the answers below....

Does the tool have:
- a web Service connector - Talend ESB will handle all of your web service requirements (REST and SOAP)
- version controle System - This is not built in to the Open Source product, but you can easily use SVN with Talend (the Enterprise Edition uses SVN or GIT)
- customize/build extensions - You can add ANY Java functionality you can find Jars for
- python Interface - Not native, but you could use a Java python interpreter API is really necessary 
- scheduler - The Enterprise Edition provides scheduling functionality. However since you can export your jobs as Java applications, you can use any scheduler you want.
- regex parsing tool - Regex is simple in Talend. 
- good Debugging capabilities - There is a debugger, but you will need to gain a bit of experience to debug effectively. Once you know the tool, debugging is easy
- ability to embed Code (for example Java) - Yes. Talend is a Java code builder essentially. You can add whatever Java you like. One of the major benefits.
- data Quality & profiling capabilities? - Talend provide a data quality tool

All Replies
Community Manager

Please find the answers below....

Does the tool have:
- a web Service connector - Talend ESB will handle all of your web service requirements (REST and SOAP)
- version controle System - This is not built in to the Open Source product, but you can easily use SVN with Talend (the Enterprise Edition uses SVN or GIT)
- customize/build extensions - You can add ANY Java functionality you can find Jars for
- python Interface - Not native, but you could use a Java python interpreter API is really necessary 
- scheduler - The Enterprise Edition provides scheduling functionality. However since you can export your jobs as Java applications, you can use any scheduler you want.
- regex parsing tool - Regex is simple in Talend. 
- good Debugging capabilities - There is a debugger, but you will need to gain a bit of experience to debug effectively. Once you know the tool, debugging is easy
- ability to embed Code (for example Java) - Yes. Talend is a Java code builder essentially. You can add whatever Java you like. One of the major benefits.
- data Quality & profiling capabilities? - Talend provide a data quality tool

Four Stars

Thank you very much for this information!

This will help me a lot.

Community Manager

Did this resolve your question?

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads