Four Stars

Compare requirements with Talend Data Integration Open Studio

Hello Community,

i am looking for a free ETL Tool and found Talend Data Integration Open Studio.
Now I want to compare this tool with my requirements.
I know that a free tool cant fulfill all requirements but i need them to compare different Tools.
For the following requirements I found no answers, so i hope you can help me
Its enough when you just answer with yes or no.

I just need this Information for the free ETL Tool: Talend Open Studio Data Integration.

Does the tool have:
- a web Service connector
- version controle System
- customize/build extensions
- python Interface
- scheduler
- regex parsing tool
- good Debugging capabilities
- ability to embed Code (for example Java)
- data Quality & profiling capabilities?

You would help me a lot!

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twelve Stars

Re: Compare requirements with Talend Data Integration Open Studio

Please find the answers below....

Does the tool have:
- a web Service connector - Talend ESB will handle all of your web service requirements (REST and SOAP)
- version controle System - This is not built in to the Open Source product, but you can easily use SVN with Talend (the Enterprise Edition uses SVN or GIT)
- customize/build extensions - You can add ANY Java functionality you can find Jars for
- python Interface - Not native, but you could use a Java python interpreter API is really necessary 
- scheduler - The Enterprise Edition provides scheduling functionality. However since you can export your jobs as Java applications, you can use any scheduler you want.
- regex parsing tool - Regex is simple in Talend. 
- good Debugging capabilities - There is a debugger, but you will need to gain a bit of experience to debug effectively. Once you know the tool, debugging is easy
- ability to embed Code (for example Java) - Yes. Talend is a Java code builder essentially. You can add whatever Java you like. One of the major benefits.
- data Quality & profiling capabilities? - Talend provide a data quality tool

Rilhia Solutions
3 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Please find the answers below....

Does the tool have:
- a web Service connector - Talend ESB will handle all of your web service requirements (REST and SOAP)
- version controle System - This is not built in to the Open Source product, but you can easily use SVN with Talend (the Enterprise Edition uses SVN or GIT)
- customize/build extensions - You can add ANY Java functionality you can find Jars for
- python Interface - Not native, but you could use a Java python interpreter API is really necessary 
- scheduler - The Enterprise Edition provides scheduling functionality. However since you can export your jobs as Java applications, you can use any scheduler you want.
- regex parsing tool - Regex is simple in Talend. 
- good Debugging capabilities - There is a debugger, but you will need to gain a bit of experience to debug effectively. Once you know the tool, debugging is easy
- ability to embed Code (for example Java) - Yes. Talend is a Java code builder essentially. You can add whatever Java you like. One of the major benefits.
- data Quality & profiling capabilities? - Talend provide a data quality tool

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

Thank you very much for this information!

This will help me a lot.

Twelve Stars

Did this resolve your question?

Rilhia Solutions