One Star

Commit and rollback management

Hello everyone,
i have tow subjob: subjob1 ---OnSubjOK--->subjob2 and everyone affects my postgresql database by inserting or updating datas.
i want to commit if every subjob end without any problem but if subjob1 or subjob2 generate a problem i want to do a rollback to the initial state of database.
example: if subjob1 succeed to run and subjob2 generate a problem,modifications caused by subjob1 should disappear
can anyone help me plz?
thx a lot.
3 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Commit and rollback management

Hi Helronald,
There is no straight forward way to control job and subjob for rollback.
I can think of a work around for this.
Set a flag in subjob using context variable or routine (getter-setter). Use this flag as a checkpoint in main job to control the rollback.
eg... if your subjob failed, so you can rollback in that job. This is what you can do easily. --> Set flag to false
Once subjob execution is completed, read the flag value in tPostJob in main job. If the value is false, do rollback in main job.
I think you got an idea...
Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star

Hi sanvaibhav,
Thanks a lot for your reply,i understand your idea and i think it's what i really want.
I'm new in using talend so can u plz simplify me how to do this and thank you very much.
Four Stars

Hi Helronald,
First create your two jobs... Call second job in first job
create context variable as boolean
in second job... OnSubjob error - set the value of variable to false and then do rollback.
in main job - intPostJob read the the context variable value. If value is false --- execute roll back.
Same logic you can implement for multiple tables.
You can please put the screenshot of completed jobs, I will let you know in case if you need any further help or changes.
Thanks
Vaibhav