Six Stars

Commandline : How to create project with storage as none

Hi 
I am facing issue while creating project  also for updating user role 

I am Trying to create sample project  

talend> createProject -pa "admin@test.com" -pap "***"  -pd Test -pl "java" -pn "Project1"
                Error:ava.lang.RuntimeException: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Storage is not set, and Git and                     Svn not configured correctly in configuration
               I understand some option  I am missing for storage ?

2. Is changing user role through commandline is possible ?if yes then what will be the commandThanks
Ashish
4 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Commandline : How to create project with storage as none

I do not recommend to use any other tool to create a project that the TAC itself. Did you have configured SVN or Git in the TAC?
Six Stars

Thanks for recommendation  I am not using any tool just trying through command line. 
Basically I am trying to automate manual stuffs(Create Project,Create User ,Create job conductor and Imports job zips) through script .
I don't have any svn,GIT and I just want to use commandline to create project with storage type none but  getting error with below command in talend commandline .
createProject -pa "admin@test.com" -pap "***"  -pd Test -pl "java" -pn "Project1"
I am not sure what I am missing in above command which is resulting  Error:java.lang.RuntimeException: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Storage is not set, and Git and Svn not configured correctly in configuration
Thanks
Ashish
Seventeen Stars

In the TAC you can create a project without a storage. Why do you want to automate such a seldom necessary action?
Six Stars

Just  practicing commands which talend has provided.
  createProject                                                     creates a project             |
|      -pa (--project-author) author login                           project author (email)        |
|      -pap (--project-author-password) password                     password of author            |
|      -pd (--project-description) description                       project description           |
|      -pl (--project-language) language (java/perl)                 project language              |
|      -pn (--project-name) technical name                           project name                  |
In above we have different options on create project but there is no option for Storage 
I am missing storage option in my create project command due to which it is failing but what is the syntax for defining storage ?
Thanks
Ashish