Six Stars

Cloudera CDH5.10 (YARN mode)

Hi,

tHiveConnection Component permits to connect up to version 5.7 of Cloudera.

How to upgrade it let it able to connect to Cloudera 5.10 (YARN mode)?

Regards,

Lorenzo

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: Cloudera CDH5.10 (YARN mode)

Hello 

You need to upgrade the talend version or apply new patches in order to connect to your new hadoop yarn version.

Thanks!

Employee

@Lorenzo

as @fuzzyedy saild  - Talend version 6.4 supports Cloudera 5.10. 

However, if you do not want to upgrade Talend you can create a custom hadoop distribution in Talend. That will be a bit more complicated, you will need to download and provide all relevant jars and configure the distribution manually. If it is only Hive, it should be enough to create a new DB connection with the right JDBC jar. i'm adding a picture.

So, this is possible.image.png

Six Stars

Hi @ohabushi,

thanks for your response.

In case we decided to upgrade to 6.4, should it only a Talend Studio upgrade or would it impact the TAC/JOB Servers too?

In case of we'd like to only configure a new DB Connection, which JAR should I download for this purpose?

Thanks in advance, regards,

Lorenzo

Six Stars

Hello @fuzzyedy and @ohabushi,

any answer for my question above, about the upgrade? Could I upgrade just the Studio or should I also upgrade the Job Servers?

Regards,

Lorenzi

Employee

You should upgrade the Studio, CommandLine and the TAC together since there is a strong dependency between the 3.

For jobserver, this compatibility table applies https://help.talend.com/reader/eZxUKQZltvhAzhiffXeayw/rAs_XSjog8iMiddhV8Duew

Employee

A migration will have to be full migration TAC, Studio job serer and so on. For that we have good documentation in our help page.

If you want to just connect to a new version of hive you should follow the custom distribution flow, it has a list of jars that are included in the lasted Cloudera distro that is in your studio version.

After that go into Cloudera home page and look for a list of jars of the the distro you want. see what the difference is between what you have in Talend and what Cloudera listed and replace what needs to be replaced

Capture.JPG