Class not found error when running flow on Talend Integration Cloud with tAmazonMySQLOutput component

Six Stars

Class not found error when running flow on Talend Integration Cloud with tAmazonMySQLOutput component

Hi,

I'm trying to run a flow on Talend Integration Cloud (TIC) which copies data to an Amazon RDS database but I get the following error:

tAmazonMysqlOutput_1 org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381) 

It looks like it can't find the class for the Driver. Before deploying the job to the Cloud I downloaded the JAR component it requires on Talend Studio and it runs fine on local, but the TIC doesn't seem to have access to that JAR. I did some research and looks like I would have to configure my Nexus repository, but all documentation points to Talend Administration Center (TAC) but current TIC software doesn't longer use TAC. I tried also in the TIC's Management Console to configure the Nexus repository but I don't really know which parameters I should provide. Am I on the right track? Or the error isn't really about Nexus?

Thanks for your help 

Daniela Muniz

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars JGM
Seven Stars

Re: Class not found error when running flow on Talend Integration Cloud with tAmazonMySQLOutput component

Try adding a tLibraryLoad component to your job and point it at your driver jar.

All Replies
Seven Stars JGM
Seven Stars

Re: Class not found error when running flow on Talend Integration Cloud with tAmazonMySQLOutput component

Try adding a tLibraryLoad component to your job and point it at your driver jar.
Six Stars

If I use a tLibraryLoad I would have to store all the driver JARs on the remote engine, I´m not sure that´s the best solution. My flow right now for deploying the job is:

1) Build the job on a Local connection

2) Right click and deploy to Talend Cloud (Looks like this doens't send to the Cloud the required JARS my job needs)

3) Execute the flow from Talend Integration Cloud using a Remote Engine

4) Job fails beacuse class can't be loaded

Everything I have checked points to the Nexus on my Talend Cloud environment not being properly updated with the artifacts my job requires to execute (In this specific case the driver JAR), but nowhere in the documentation points me to a solution. I´ll try it anyway but it´s going to be cumbersome to send JARS to the remote engine everytime I need them.

Daniela Muniz
Seven Stars JGM
Seven Stars

what should* happen is that once you add the jar with a tLibraryLoad component, the studio will push it to your repository (git or svn) and mark it as a dependency for the job/jobstack so it should be included when you build the jobs. If you're using the enterprise version, the jar can be added to the /lib inside your source control project and will be automatically distributed to your developers when they refresh or restart their studio.