One Star

Child job running failed

Hi, I'm trying to link several jobs into 1 job so that when I run them, I just have to run this master job. But for some reason, I'm unable to get the first job running. I get these errors:
Exception in component tRunJob_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Child job running failed
at dw_ddb_svn.master_sequencer_0_1.master_sequencer.tRunJob_1Process(master_sequencer.java:197)
at dw_ddb_svn.master_sequencer_0_1.master_sequencer.runJobInTOS(master_sequencer.java:340)
at dw_ddb_svn.master_sequencer_0_1.master_sequencer.main(master_sequencer.java:252)
Any ideas what this may mean? When I run the job directly I don't get any errors. Please see screenshots for illustrations of what I mean.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Child job running failed

Hello guy
Can you export your job and sent it to me via email?
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Community Manager

Hello
I have viewed your job and found that there is a tDie component in your child job.
tDie be used to die the job and throws an error message. So, you should uncheck the 'Die on child job' option on tRunJob component.
It should works fine now.
Best regards

shong
One Star

Thanks Shong! That's worked!
But I seem to have another issue, my job is taking a long time to finish running. If you take a look at the screenshot, if I run the last 3 stages as a separate job it finishes in a min. But here, I have it linked to the rest of my job and it's been almost 30 mins and it hasn't even run yet. Might it be because I'm not setting something correctly?
Thanks!
Community Manager

Hello
It is a huge job. Generally, don't add more than 20 components in job. You can split your job into several child jobs, and echo child job contains serval tRunJob components.
Best regards
shong