Check the result set of the tmap expression on other column before inserting it

Highlighted
Seven Stars

Check the result set of the tmap expression on other column before inserting it

My question is that, how can I check if the result set of that expression above is exists on other column on the same table? And if exists I will keep it on the right destination column, but if not I will insert it on other column instead?

my component set-up is:

tfilelist -> tfileinputdelimited -> tmap -> tmysqloutput(1&2)   

1&2 that meanss that I'm populating the data from source to 2 destination table, one is for delta and one is for full. Only on initial or first run, then after this I have another the same component set-up, but only tmysqloutput2 in the output as that is for delta. Hoing someone can help me out on this?

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: Check the result set of the tmap expression on other column before inserting it

This is already fixed by using lookup and left join then compare the integer before UPDATING values.

All Replies
Forteen Stars

Re: Check the result set of the tmap expression on other column before inserting it

@iWant2LearnMore,i will suggest you read the source data and load to memory by using tHashoutput and you can read the dame data multiple time do the comparison by using tHashInput.

Manohar B
Don't forget to give kudos/accept the solution when a replay is helpful.
Seven Stars

@manodwhb I will try to consider your suggestion and if woks, then I'll accept the answer/solution.

Seven Stars

Forteen Stars

@iWant2LearnMore,check ,if it be help in your case.

Manohar B
Don't forget to give kudos/accept the solution when a replay is helpful.
Seven Stars

This is already fixed by using lookup and left join then compare the integer before UPDATING values.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog