Changing JMS Priority

One Star

Changing JMS Priority

Hi,
How can I change the JMSPriority in JMS header for ActiveMQ?
We have a request/reply Talend job shared by batch and real-time clients. The clients send jms messages directly onto ActiveMQ. Real-time client messages need to have higher priority over batch processes.
The problems is from the client, when we set the JMSpriority in the header to something other than 4 (i.e., 8), by the time the message lands in ActiveMQ, when we inspect the message through ActiveMQ Administration, the JMSPriority always defaults back to 4.
What settings do I need to change to make this work? Or, is there a better way to handle our real-time / batch client scenario in Talend?
Thanks,
Chung

Re: Changing JMS Priority

Hi,
We have a request/reply Talend job shared by batch and real-time clients. The clients send jms messages directly onto ActiveMQ. Real-time client messages need to have higher priority over batch processes.

How did you design your job? Could you please share it with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Image of my job attached.
One Star

Hi Sabrina, did you get a chance to look into this? Thanks!
One Star

hi,
In cBean component i am call bean but it's working .it is showing errors in route code ?
why it is showing errors .
Highlighted
One Star

Hi,
did you find the problem why message priority is ignored?

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.