Change version while copy job

Highlighted
One Star

Change version while copy job

Hi all,
I am in TOS version 5.1.1.
I have a job name TOTO that is in version 1.1.
I want to create a new job TITI initialized with version 1.1 of TOTO job but the version of this new job should be 1.0.
I have a problem because when a copy/paste the last version job TOTO, the version of the new job is 1.1 and I can't change it to 1.0.
To resume, how can I copy a job in version 1.1 in a new job where the version should be 1.0 ?
Any ideas ?
Thanks.
Laurie
Highlighted

Re: Change version while copy job

Hi,
Unfortunately, we only support for upgrade version not downgrade. Do you have other version for your original job(under 1.1 such as, 0.1....)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Highlighted
Four Stars

HI Laurie
I believe you can do one thing at the time of copying a job it will prompt whether to copy (1.1,1.0) so at the time of copying a job you can copy the lower version of job. If it is already copied to higher version you can bring it to lower version by deleting:
1> .properties.
2>.item.
of higher version
Fore more help on deleting this job files vist:DeletingJobRelevantFileToLowerVersion

thanks
Anil Kumar Burri
http://anilkumarburri.wordpress.com/
Highlighted

Hi Laurie,
Is there any update for your issue? Fell free post your issue on forum.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Highlighted
One Star

Have a workaround for this

Export the job with whichever version you wish as folder wise by saving using "Select root directory" ( You can also save as zipped format too, if you file is big").

Go to the folder location in m/c and drill down till you get into the Process folder to see .item,.properties and .screenshot file.

You need to edit the properties file to change the name to have the new job name in 2 places Label and Process ref

And version in 1 place as 0.1 or which you would like. Save it

And reimport the Job to the repository.(see you don't have any jobs already existing with the new job name in the repository or recycle bin)

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog