Four Stars

Cassandraoutput error in Talend 6.0.0RC1

Hi ,
I am trying to insert some sample data into cassandra using tcassandraoutput using settings Datastax API. But i am getting below error:
Starting job testjob at 11:53 29/06/2015.
connecting to socket on port 3487
connected
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
Exception in component tCassandraOutput_1
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException: All host(s) tried for query failed (tried: /192.168.189.133:9160 (com.datastax.driver.core.ConnectionException: Unexpected error during transport initialization (com.datastax.driver.core.TransportException: Channel has been closed)))
at com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.reconnectInternal(ControlConnection.java:223)
at com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.connect(ControlConnection.java:78)
at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Manager.init(Cluster.java:1230)
at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster.init(Cluster.java:157)
at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster.connect(Cluster.java:245)
at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster.connect(Cluster.java:278)
at wk_poc.testjob_0_1.testjob.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(testjob.java:591)
at wk_poc.testjob_0_1.testjob.runJobInTOS(testjob.java:1086)
at wk_poc.testjob_0_1.testjob.main(testjob.java:943)
disconnected
Job testjob ended at 11:53 29/06/2015.
Also i tried installing the additional package i am getting following error:
The Download failed for the following jars [db2jcc.jar, db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar, sas.core.jar, maprfs-jni-0.20.2-2.1.2.jar, nzjdbc.jar, sas.security.sspi.jar, maprfs-0.20.2-2.1.2.jar, sapjco3.jar, db2jcc_license_cu.jar, jts-1.12.jar, maprfs-0.1.ja
Please help , we need to see if talend's latest version supports datastax or not.
Thanks,
Saurabh
8 REPLIES

Re: Cassandraoutput error in Talend 6.0.0RC1

Hi,
Does this issue repro on released version Talend Open Studio for Big Data 5.6.2?
Can you install required jar by manual to see if it works on Talend 6.0.0RC1?
Please take a look at documents about:https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Identify+required+external+modules&content-lang=en and 
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Install+external+modules&content-lang=en
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Talend started supporting datastax API in latest version i.e. 6.0.0RC1. And the modules which are not installed are not part of the component that i am using. 
Kindly Advice
Thanks.
Saurabh.
Seventeen Stars

hi all,
be aware that 6.0.0RC1 is a Release Candidate and not a Stable version
try&switch to a stable release
regards
laurent
Four Stars

Hi ,
Yes we are aware about the version , but we need to know test the datastax api. That's the reason we were testing it on 6.0.0RC1.
Regards,
Saurabh.
Four Stars

Hi All,
I resolved the issue by importing the required jars in the beginning of the job using tLibraryload component.I loaded the jars in the beginning of my job and it seemed to worked fine with me. Another change you need to do is change the port in Cassandraoutput component's default setting. List of jars loaded through tLibraryload component and changes made:
-- Cassandra-all-2.0.8.jar
-- Metrics-core-3.0.2.jar
-- netty-3.9.0.Final.jar
-- snappy-java-1.0.4.1.jar
-- lz4-1.2.0.jar
-- slf4j.-jdk14-1.6.1.jar
-- Changed the default port in Cassandraoutput component from 9160 to 9042 since native_transport_port: 9042
Please find attached the screenshot of the job.
Thanks,
Saurabh.

Hi  shukla.saurabh,
Thanks for sharing your solution with us. It's helpful.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
I am trying to import data from MSSQL Server into Cassandra. First error I received was :Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".  which lead me to this thread.
I imported the libraries in the following way:
-- Cassandra-all-2.0.8.jar -> tLibraryLoad_1 (onSubjobOk -> link to tLibraryLoad_2 & tLibraryLoad_3)
-- Metrics-core-3.0.2.jar -> tLibraryLoad_2 (onSubjobOk -> link to tLibraryLoad_4 )
-- netty-3.9.0.Final.jar -> tLibraryLoad_3 (onSubjobOk -> link to MSSQL Connection )
-- snappy-java-1.0.4.1.jar -> tLibraryLoad_4 (onSubjobOk -> link to tLibraryLoad_5 )
-- lz4-1.2.0.jar -> tLibraryLoad_5 (onSubjobOk -> link to tLibraryLoad_6 )
-- slf4j.-jdk14-1.6.1.jar -> tLibraryLoad_6 (no output links )
and then ran the job again and got the error: 
com.datastax.driver.core.policies.DCAwareRoundRobinPolicy init INFO: Using data-center name 'datacenter1' for DCAwareRoundRobinPolicy (if this is incorrect, please provide the correct datacenter name with DCAwareRoundRobinPolicy constructor)
I would have to specify that this is the first time I'm using Talend and so I don't really have a lot of knowledge on it. I might have linked them wrong maybe? I'm not exactly sure on how the libraries are imported into the project.
I have attached also my job and the errors I receive. 
Thank you so much for any help in solving my issue!
One Star

I saw that the attachments did not post. i'll post them here