Capturing the job log in the client

Six Stars

Capturing the job log in the client

There are plenty of threads about job logs, but they all involve amending the job to write log information. What I want is simply to capture the output that appears in the output pane when you run a job in the client. The TAC does this automatically, but I want to do it in the client.

The client appears to be limited in the number of lines that it can keep, even if "Line limit" is not checked. I have a master job that runs about 10 sub-jobs, some in loops, and the log is many thous ands of lines long. Is there a simple way to get the Talend client to write all that log to a file?

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sixteen Stars

Re: Capturing the job log in the client

All Replies
Highlighted
Sixteen Stars

Six Stars

I guess that's as close as I'll get, shame it needs me to hack the job, I'll have to remember to take it out before deploying to production! Thanks.
Sixteen Stars

Just wrap it in an IF condition with a context variable used to turn it on or off. If you use the Implicit Context Load functionality you can use this sort thing to switch on and off debugging code in a production environment. 

Six Stars

Sure, good suggestion, I do have some "debug" context variables already. I don't even want this to happen all the time in test environment, I only want the log if the job is failing and I need it to figure out why!

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.