Six Stars

Capture rejected record's column

I am trying to capture rejected rows in an excle file.... But although it is rejecting the records correctly..but in output it is still showing 0 records. Why so? can you please help?error_talend.png

• Data Integration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ten Stars

Re: Capture rejected record's column

Those messages are likely generated by tFileInputDelimited. I think you can get a reject flow from there. (right-click -> row -> Reject)
6 REPLIES
Nine Stars TRF
Nine Stars

1st, rejected records don't go to an Excel file, but to a csv file. Also, on the capture you can see there is no rejected record (green 0 rows on top of the reject flow).
So, except the file you are looking for, the situation seems normal.
What do you expect?

TRF
Six Stars

The situation is that I have 10 records, out of which 7 are OK and 3 i am expecting to go as rejected records and they should be stored in a separate excel as I am trying. On the console it shows me the error records like 'Invalid date' etc. but why these erroneous records do not go in the excel?

Six Stars

Any inputs on this?

filter_records.jpg

I want these rows in console to be directed to the excel so as to generate a kind of report...

Ten Stars

Those messages are likely generated by tFileInputDelimited. I think you can get a reject flow from there. (right-click -> row -> Reject)
Six Stars

Ya thanks it worked!

Six Stars

Going forward, one of my client's requirement is that they should be able to visually see all the changes or 'fix' that was applied to data during transformation so that they can 'Commit' or Rollback.

Will that be possible?

Also please give me a good example of Commit and Rollback in Talend.

Regards

Pankaj

ppp_rrr wrote:

Ya thanks it worked!