Seven Stars

Capture Stats, Java exceptions and DB exceptions in table for a job

Hi,

As I am creating a job, I am able to capture stats for the job in a table. But along with stats I also want to capture the Java excptions , db exceptions and number of records that are read / inserted / skipped / into the same table.

Is there a way to capture all that into the same table with Talend.

Best Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Re: Capture Stats, Java exceptions and DB exceptions in table for a job

Take a look at the AMC. I have answered a question here (https://community.talend.com/t5/Administering-and-Monitoring/AMC-displays-no-data-in-TAC-How-to-enab...) with links to useful information.

Rilhia Solutions
4 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

Take a look at the AMC. I have answered a question here (https://community.talend.com/t5/Administering-and-Monitoring/AMC-displays-no-data-in-TAC-How-to-enab...) with links to useful information.

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Thank you, rhall_2_0.

Let me have a look.

Seven Stars

Hi rhall_2_0,

Thanks a lot, it was very helpful. One more thing I want to ask when I am getting error like below - 

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RowId', table '<test>'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
[ERROR]: testproject.updateStaging - tMSSqlOutput_10 - Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RowId', table 'test'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

I didn't get any log related to it. How do I capture logs like these in Talend ?

Best Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

Fifteen Stars

This error I don't believe will be picked up automatically. I believe it is just Java errors. The way to trap that yourself is to use a DB Connection component and share it to all of the DB components. You will need to handle commits when you do that. But what that does is open up a "Rejects" output. You can use this to record rejects from your database.

Rilhia Solutions