Capture Stats, Java exceptions and DB exceptions in table for a job

Seven Stars

Capture Stats, Java exceptions and DB exceptions in table for a job

Hi,

As I am creating a job, I am able to capture stats for the job in a table. But along with stats I also want to capture the Java excptions , db exceptions and number of records that are read / inserted / skipped / into the same table.

Is there a way to capture all that into the same table with Talend.

Best Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Capture Stats, Java exceptions and DB exceptions in table for a job

Take a look at the AMC. I have answered a question here (https://community.talend.com/t5/Administering-and-Monitoring/AMC-displays-no-data-in-TAC-How-to-enab...) with links to useful information.

All Replies
Community Manager

Take a look at the AMC. I have answered a question here (https://community.talend.com/t5/Administering-and-Monitoring/AMC-displays-no-data-in-TAC-How-to-enab...) with links to useful information.

Seven Stars

Thank you, rhall_2_0.

Let me have a look.

Seven Stars

Hi rhall_2_0,

Thanks a lot, it was very helpful. One more thing I want to ask when I am getting error like below - 

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RowId', table '<test>'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
[ERROR]: testproject.updateStaging - tMSSqlOutput_10 - Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RowId', table 'test'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

I didn't get any log related to it. How do I capture logs like these in Talend ?

Best Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

Community Manager

This error I don't believe will be picked up automatically. I believe it is just Java errors. The way to trap that yourself is to use a DB Connection component and share it to all of the DB components. You will need to handle commits when you do that. But what that does is open up a "Rejects" output. You can use this to record rejects from your database.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog