Six Stars

Capture 1st rejected record and stop the job without processing anymore records

Hi
 I'm loading millions of records in to a oracle table using tOracleoutput component. while loading if for any reason a record gets rejected,
Is it possible to capture that record and stop the job.

I tired disabling the batch process and added a reject link to the toracleoutput and also added a "if trigger" link with condition                                          "((Integer)globalMap.get("tOracleOutput_1_NB_LINE_REJECTED"))> 0".I'm able to get the rejected records, but the job is not stopping until it process all the records.

is there anyway to stop the job without processing all the records?

Untitled.jpg

9 REPLIES
Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Re: Capture 1st rejected record and stop the job without processing anymore records

Hi,

What if you connect your reject flow on the tDie component?

TRF
Six Stars

Re: Capture 1st rejected record and stop the job without processing anymore records

Tried that as well, the job is not stopping until it finished processing all the records.

Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Then you probably have to reduce the "Batch Size" parameter to 1.

Have a look to this post where I wrote something regarding the same issue for Salesforce component.

TRF
Six Stars

I have a doubt implementing your design, If I enable the "Use Batch SIze" in advanced setting, I can't have a reject link and its the same if I enable "Die on error" as well in tOracleoutput. So how to capture the rejected records and at the same time stop the job without processing anymore records?

Six Stars

Hi, Can anybody provide some insights on this pls?

Hello,

Does your "RunIf" condition work well in your work flow?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

As i said earlier, even with the "If Trigger/Condition", the job is not stopping right away the moment it gets the first reject, its still processing all the records.

Hello,

borrisbeck wrote:

As i said earlier, even with the "If Trigger/Condition", the job is not stopping right away the moment it gets the first reject, its still processing all the records.

We suppose that your "RunIf" condition is not triggered successfully.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Thanks for responding, this is the condition i'm using in the "If trigger", please let me know what is wrong 

"((Integer)globalMap.get("tOracleOutput_1_NB_LINE_REJECTED"))> 0"