One Star

Cannot update a different project.

Talend Integration Suite 4.2.2 Professional, running on Windows Servers 2003 R2, using SQL Server databases.
Users have reported the following, and cannot open DFTP project:
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Cannot update a different project.
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.updateProject(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.updateProjectDelegate(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.access$23(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory$17.run(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.updateProject(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.handleTalendProject(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
This looks exactly the same as 0016997: Cannot open project from repository. however, we do not have TortoiseSVN, and therefore cannot use the workaround. Was this bug in 4.1.1 ever addressed? How can we recover this project?
6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Cannot update a different project.

Hi
Each project should correspond to each repository on SVN server, so each project should use different svn url. The url of this project have been used by other project.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi davefranklin,
I had the same problem with TIS 4.2.2 and Windows server 2008.
I set up TIS 4.2.3 on windows server 2003 and it works fine.
try to install tthe last version, is 4.2.3.
regards,
Ben
Four Stars

Hi,
I'm meeting the same problem on 5.1.3 when I try to generate jobs in a pre-prod TAC.
In my dev environment, i have a svn with several project defined in a dev TAC. When I need to test a job in pre-prod env, i would like to generate jobs from the pre-prod TAC, where my projects are set to point on the dev svn... but job generation fails with this error :
2014-01-29 15:00:54 ERROR ExecutionTaskHandler - org.talend.administrator.common.exception.SystemException: Failed to login to CommandLine : org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Cannot update a different project.
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.updateProject(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:597)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.updateProjectDelegate(SvnRepositoryFactory.java:987)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.access$23(SvnRepositoryFactory.java:986)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory$17.run(SvnRepositoryFactory.java:979)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:84)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:217)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3011)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(SvnRepositoryFactory.java:402)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.updateProject(SvnRepositoryFactory.java:982)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.handleTalendProject(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:540)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:287)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:296)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:247)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:213)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1672)
at org.talend.commandline.util.RepositoryHandler.logonProject(RepositoryHandler.java:73)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.logonProject(CommandProcessor.java:126)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseLogonProjectCommand(CommandProcessorSwitch.java:128)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(CommandAbstractSwitch.java:54)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(CommandConsumer.java:57)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(CommandConsumer.java:35)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(ServerCommandLine.java:139)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

is there a way to do this (set 2 differents TAC instances on the same SVN) ?
Seventeen Stars

Every TAC needs its own SVN repository for every project. You cannot point 2 TACs to the same SVN repository.
This does NOT mean you have to install 2 SVN servers!
To transfer the jobs from a development environment to the production or test you should export and import the jobs via the Studio. A new good way it the new repository manager from talend which can do this and it is also be able to automate this process. Check if you can update to a release higher than 5.3
Four Stars

ok thank you for your answer, we plan to upgrade to 5.4 in March, I hope this feature is included in our TIS Edition.

Every TAC needs its own SVN repository for every project. You cannot point 2 TACs to the same SVN repository...

EDIT: I moved my question to its own thread:
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=127091

This is interesting and I'm curious if you're pretty certain that's correct.
I've been working with Talend support, trying and failing to get this working. I don't see anything in documentation that says it won't work and it's not obvious to me that the interface that should allow TAC to use SVN is anything more than the passwords for SVN.
Suppose you had TAC on machine A and SVN on machine B. Then you bought a new machine C and installed TAC. Couldn't you define a project on C's TAC with credentials for B's SVN and be okay? Is C's H2 database somehow coming into paly and messing up this theory?
Thanks for any help on this, it's been quite confusing to me.