Five Stars

Cannot set MongoDB connection ssl and authentication properties using context variables

Hi,

I'm using Talend Open Studio for Big Data and I'd like to create multiple configurations for a MongoDB connection. What I'm doing for other components (such as PostgreSQL connections) is using context variables. However, the tMongoDBConnection component cannot be fully configured this way, or I'm unaware of the proper way to do it. Specifically, the "Use SSL connection" and the "Authentication" panel rely on checkboxes to be switched on and off (see image below), and I haven't found a way to do it dynamically.

Is there a way to configure these property on an environment-basis as I do using context variables and contexts? If there isn't, is there any other way to dynamically do it at runtime?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 20.21.09.png

5 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: Cannot set MongoDB connection ssl and authentication properties using context variables

Politely pinging this message.

Five Stars

Re: Cannot set MongoDB connection ssl and authentication properties using context variables

Ping.

Hello,

A context is characterized by parameters. Do you want to use context value in "Check box"?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi xdsdhi,

Yes, I basically want to switch those check boxes on and off using the value of some context value: e.g.: a boolean true (or a String "true") means "checkbox switched on" and vice versa.

Those check boxes control fundamental aspects of the mongo instance, and it's not trivial to replicate their behaviour in all the environments where the job is meant to be run.

Hello,

So far, we cannot control "checkbox switched on-off" by using context variable.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.