Cannot insert rows into a database

Four Stars

Cannot insert rows into a database

Hi,

I have tried to insert a row into a database Mysql, Sqlite etc... and it does not work well. I did not receive any errors and I use "auto commit" and my table is empty all time

My Talend ESB is 6.5 in Ubuntu 16

thanks for your help

regards

Javier

Four Stars

Re: Cannot insert rows into a database

Can you provide a screenshot of the job, in particular interested in the components for the database and the schema of the data. 

If no data is being saved but the job is running successfully it maybe that the database is generating an error that talend does not capture (i.e. out of bound date range on MS SQL Server). Check the schema for the data and the schema for the database, would be first steps.

Four Stars

Thanks for the update

https://vimeo.com/266740780

I send the screen shot, I also used the SQlite

regards

Javier

Four Stars

Javier,

Thanks for the vid. Very helpful..

The reason the database is not inserting any records is that the rows from the main job are not connected to the database subjob. If you simply connect the database output component to the xmlmap it should insert without any issues ( See attached). The video didn't show to the right of the job but if there is additional processing you can use the "On component Ok" link to continue, such as send an email in the attached example.

Hope this helps