One Star

Cannot import project

Hello,
Yesterday I was using TOS 4.1.1 successfully with my project stored on a workspace that is in a separate directory.
This morning I unzip TOS 4.1.2 and delete TOS 4.1.1. Since then, I can't retrieve my jobs, routines and metadata.
I've tried :
- to import the full projet ... the operation succeed but the project is empty
- to import each job individually .. this is not possible because of the message : No valid items found in the current source
- i've tried to reinstall TOS 4.1.1, but still no success.
- i tried to import form another computer ... no success

I'm just going crazy, I can see my jobs in the "myproject/process" folder but I don't know why TOS can't see it ??
I'm loosing my time.

Any hint ??
How can I restore this project ??

THanks
JP
3 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Cannot import project

Actually, I think my project is corrupt.
Don't know what happened but, In workspace/myproject/process : there are only *.item files, all the *.properties are missing.
I' have no backups.
Is it possible to recover or manually recreate the *.properties ??
Community Manager

Hi JP
Try to following the steps to import the project:
1. Launch TOS4.1.2, select 'import existing project into local' option in the action list, follows with clicking on 'go' button.
2. Type in a project name, check 'select root directory' option and browse the old workspace folder/projectName, follows with clicking on finish button.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Community Manager

Actually, I think my project is corrupt.
Don't know what happened but, In workspace/myproject/process : there are only *.item files, all the *.properties are missing.
I' have no backups.
Is it possible to recover or manually recreate the *.properties ??

No, each job must contain .item file and .properties file, that's why you can't import the job because the .properties is missing. It is impossible to recover it if you have no backups.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business