One Star

Cannot find tSAPInput in TALEND 6.2, but only tSAPBWinput

Hi experts,
I am new to Talend and I have been working with it for a while but I cannot find the solution. I am using the free version of Talend Open Studio Data Integration 6.2.  I want to extract data from SAP ERP tables and when I search for SAP components, I find tSAPBWInput, which is not what I want. I want to extract data from SAP ERP tables and not SAP BW tables. I also installed the SAP Jco libraries but still I cannot find the way how to extract this data. Even the examples that are posted online, they make use of tSAPInput but I don't have such component. 
Could you please give me some suggestion how to approach this issue? Perhaps any possible way to extract SAP tables using the free version of Talend Open Studion Data Integration 6.2? I would appreciate any help.
Regards,
Regys
6 REPLIES

Re: Cannot find tSAPInput in TALEND 6.2, but only tSAPBWinput

Hi,
Since version 6.0, the SAP components(tSAPInput, tSAPOutput) have been removed from Talend Open Studio.
We have published open source SAP components on Talend Exchange officially. You can download tSapInput and tSapOut components freely from Talend Exchange Portal and install them into your open studio.
Please have a look at document about:https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Installing+a+custom+component&content-lang=en
Let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
thank you very much for your helpful reply. I will try to install them and try to extract data from SAP. If you would suggest a step-by-step tutorial on how to extract data from SAP using tSAPInput, that would be great.
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Regys

Hi,
Here is  component reference about TalendHelpCenter:tSAPInput, hope it will help.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tSAPInput&content-lang=en
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I am also using Talend Open Studio 6.2 trying to extract SAP tables.
Thanks for your answers. Does this mean as well that we cannot create a sap connection using the SAP connection wizard anymore? We should use the tsapconnection component? How can I retrieve the list of RFC as I was doing before using the SAP connection wizard on the metadata tree?
Thanks

Hi,
The SAP connection under metadata tree will be availabe in Talend Subscription Version not open source.
Talend provides community user with a free trail version of Talend Data Integration.
You can download it freely from Talend Official Website:https://www.talend.com/products/data-integration
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thank you for your answer,
Can I achieve same functionalities by using the tsapinput component instead? How can I do like get the list of RFC/BAPI...