Cannot connect to MS SQL Server

Four Stars

Cannot connect to MS SQL Server

I am trying to connect to a local MS SQL Server DB.

I am getting the error at the bottom of the post when I try to "test connection".

I installed the mssql-jdbc.jar successfully after reading other posts on this forum, but I am stuck here.

Can anyone help?

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:204)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1133)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:316)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:290)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$67.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:4138)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$67.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
      at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:124)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:149)
      ... 9 more

Re: Cannot connect to MS SQL Server

Hello,

Have you tried to restart your studio to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Cannot connect to MS SQL Server

Yes, still did not work. I restarted SSMS and Talend.