Five Stars

Cannot checkout as local project in Talend 6.4.1

Hi , 

I was trying to checkout git branch as local , but failing due to below error, 

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Cannot open the project.Error task is org.talend.repository.model.migration.MigrationTaskFortOleDbCoseConnection.
at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.ui.action.SwitchBranchAction$1.run(SwitchBranchAction.java:337)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)
at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.ui.action.SwitchBranchAction$2.run(SwitchBranchAction.java:407)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: org.talend.commons.exception.LoginException: Cannot open the project.Error task is org.talend.repository.model.migration.MigrationTaskFortOleDbCoseConnection.
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.checkProjectCompatibility(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:302)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1870)
at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.ui.action.SwitchBranchAction$1.run(SwitchBranchAction.java:241)

Interestingly , I could checkout some other branches but for specific branch I just failed, 

I have tried with new workspace location, but got the same issue, 

Git credential are working fine.

Really need help, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Cannot checkout as local project in Talend 6.4.1

After lot trials/test , I could figure out the issue, 

Issue was due to Talend version upgrade,

Recently I had a upgrade Talend 6.4.1 to Talend 6.5.1 and I did committed some job changes to same git branch and I was trying to load same branch into old Talend 6.4.1, 

Talend not being backward compatible cost me 2 days of time Smiley Happy 

Cheers, 

3 REPLIES

Hello,

Is your specific branch corrupted? Have you tried to create a new project in TAC, setup as desired and Import items into the new project once opened to restore to the last state of your Git project?

Would you mind creating a case on talend support portal so that we can give you a remote assistance by using webex session through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

After lot trials/test , I could figure out the issue, 

Issue was due to Talend version upgrade,

Recently I had a upgrade Talend 6.4.1 to Talend 6.5.1 and I did committed some job changes to same git branch and I was trying to load same branch into old Talend 6.4.1, 

Talend not being backward compatible cost me 2 days of time Smiley Happy 

Cheers, 

Five Stars

Thanks , I cracked the puzzle