Cannot checkout as local project in Talend 6.4.1

Five Stars

Cannot checkout as local project in Talend 6.4.1

Hi , 

I was trying to checkout git branch as local , but failing due to below error, 

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Cannot open the project.Error task is org.talend.repository.model.migration.MigrationTaskFortOleDbCoseConnection.
at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.ui.action.SwitchBranchAction$1.run(SwitchBranchAction.java:337)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)
at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.ui.action.SwitchBranchAction$2.run(SwitchBranchAction.java:407)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: org.talend.commons.exception.LoginException: Cannot open the project.Error task is org.talend.repository.model.migration.MigrationTaskFortOleDbCoseConnection.
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.checkProjectCompatibility(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:302)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1870)
at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.ui.action.SwitchBranchAction$1.run(SwitchBranchAction.java:241)

Interestingly , I could checkout some other branches but for specific branch I just failed, 

I have tried with new workspace location, but got the same issue, 

Git credential are working fine.

Really need help, 

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Cannot checkout as local project in Talend 6.4.1

After lot trials/test , I could figure out the issue, 

Issue was due to Talend version upgrade,

Recently I had a upgrade Talend 6.4.1 to Talend 6.5.1 and I did committed some job changes to same git branch and I was trying to load same branch into old Talend 6.4.1, 

Talend not being backward compatible cost me 2 days of time Smiley Happy 

Cheers, 

All Replies

Hello,

Is your specific branch corrupted? Have you tried to create a new project in TAC, setup as desired and Import items into the new project once opened to restore to the last state of your Git project?

Would you mind creating a case on talend support portal so that we can give you a remote assistance by using webex session through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

After lot trials/test , I could figure out the issue, 

Issue was due to Talend version upgrade,

Recently I had a upgrade Talend 6.4.1 to Talend 6.5.1 and I did committed some job changes to same git branch and I was trying to load same branch into old Talend 6.4.1, 

Talend not being backward compatible cost me 2 days of time Smiley Happy 

Cheers, 

Five Stars

Thanks , I cracked the puzzle

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads