One Star

Cannot check metadata db connections and retrieve schemas anymore

Good morning,
since this morning, and without apparent reasons, i'm not able to connect to database anymore within TOS (ie. metadata connection checks, sql builder, schema retrieve, schema guess...). This is true for all my workspaces and perhaps is something related to my System, however all my oher apps works properly...
When i run a job that uses tOracleInput or similar, connection goes ok...
here's a stack trace of metadata log i hope it could help
best regards,
gabriele
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2012-07-24 11:46:07.763
!MESSAGE 2012-07-24 11:46:07,760 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - java.sql.SQLException: Eccezione IO: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
!STACK 0
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Eccezione IO: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:114)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:857)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:1933)
at org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:141)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm.checkConnection(DatabaseForm.java:863)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm.access$19(DatabaseForm.java:814)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$4.widgetSelected(DatabaseForm.java:1029)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.metadata.CreateConnectionAction.doRun(CreateConnectionAction.java:210)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:589)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:84)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:217)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:2751)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1882)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:601)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:126)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Eccezione IO: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:113)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:147)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:257)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:389)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:454)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:165)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:35)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:802)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:39)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:105)
... 48 more
7 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Cannot check metadata db connections and retrieve schemas anymore

Hi
There are three possibilities to cause "The Network Adapter could not establish the connection" exception.
1. Wrong ip.
2. Behind a firewall.
3. The listener of Database doesn't start up.
According to your description, I think this may be caused by firewall issue.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hello Pedro,
i checked twice, but proxy settings were definitively correct.
To solve the issue, i had to reinstall TOS. Luckily, i was able to point the fresh install to the old workspace, preserving my settings.
I absolutely have no idea of what wen corrupted Smiley Sad
tnx for your support,
gabriele
One Star

Hi
I agree with you. Maybe some files of TOS have been corrupted.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi, 
I have exactly  the same problem, connection works fine in the job but when i want had a new metadata connection or when i want get a schema table : error 
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Exception d'E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:314)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2674)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$31.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Exception d'E/S: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:113)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:147)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:257)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:389)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:454)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:165)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:35)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:802)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)

have you solve your problem ?

Hi PatriceD,
What's the DB type do you want to connect? Is the server running? On which build version you got this issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I have a similar problem for MSSQL Server. Check connection works fine from 'Edit connections'. However, 'Retrieve Schema' fails with the following: This is the same driver that is used in 'Edit connections'
Connection failure, check the database settings or contact your database administrator.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:314)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:353)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:302)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.table.database.SelectorTableForm$8.run(SelectorTableForm.java:1101)
      at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
  Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
      at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getDriver(JDBCDriverLoader.java:121)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:146)
      ... 6 more
Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,
What's the sql server version you are using? 2008 or 2012?
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedupported systems databases and business applications by Talend components?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.